The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 555 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A few other boards had reports yesterday saying there was a one page add saying WWOHP Now Open. The add was supposedly the last page of the sports section in the Orlando Sentinel. There was no scan of the add but it was posted on a couple message boards.

via @Tbad556

90 minute wait for fj.

--- Update ---

Thats correct there is an American option & a only pancake one also

here ya go

2804cnc.jpg

Thank you both! Looks excellent! :)

Greetings valued UO members! Another first time poster, long time lurker here. I booked a room at the Hard Rock Tuesday night and got into the preview Wednesday morning. It was, of course, amazing! Only got on FJ once as it broke down sometime between 9:30-10am.

For those tall folks who are concerned about riding FJ, I'm 6'5" 230lbs. Depsite being stopped at both sets of test seats, I made it on without much of a problem. I didn't find the seats to be terribly uncomfortable either.

I've posted some pics to Facebook HERE and will be editing a short video with some cool shots that I'll link to soon. :thumbs:

Reactions: Felipe
Have any of the employees been asked about a closing time today?

Were hotel guests only allowed in before 11:30? I wonder if I should head down now instead of going straight from work tomorrow if I would have to wait until 11:30am anyway to get in tomorrow.

here ya go, lunch @3b

14jxpgx.jpg

--- Update ---

the plates look kinda cheap for what they charge

that's what the 11.99 fish and chips gets you (on the right) geez

here ya go, lunch @3b

14jxpgx.jpg

--- Update ---

the plates look kinda cheap for what they charge

that's what the 11.99 fish and chips gets you (on the right) geez
Yeah...I feel that's overpriced. I'll probably just bring some snacks in and eat at one of the stands or another restaraunt in IOA..even though I'd love to eat in 3B.

I'm back from my soft experience today to get ready for Magic Kingdom tonight. Any and all spoilers from me will be posted in the spoilers thread so no worries there.

I got to the park at about 8:15 am today and there was already a decent crowd. They started opening the gates at about 8:45. At 9 AM, basically on the dot, they had a guest from England open the park for the day. Immediatly after entering, yellow polos were in POE telling guests that TWWoHP is and will not open today. Everyone still rushed to the gates. We were stopped in LC right and nothing changed from 9 AM - 11:30 AM. I took a break and walked the park from 11:30 to noon. I got to Dueling Dragons at noon and they were moving the walls and told guests that WWoHP is just now opening, perfect timing!

We rushed straight to FJ and it was already at a 90 minute wait. I took single riders due to my lack of time and hopped right on. I talked to some guests who waited in the regular line and they said that the line was really only about 30 minutes long. Now let me just say, FJ is absolutely amazing and thrilling. It is without a doubt, my new favorite ride of all time.

Next, we went straight to FotH and got right on. It had a 5 minute wait all day, as did Dueling Dragons/Dragon Challenge. Hagrid's Hut is extremely life-like and the sounds are neat.

Then, my group spent a decent amount of time strolling through Hogsmeade. I went through all of the shops except for Ollivanders. All of the shops were great and not too packed. They were all easy to manuver through today. I went to Hog's Head and got a souvenir cup of frozen Butterbeer and it was delicious! The hog was back today as well. I did not catch it moving however but was only in there for about 2 minutes.

I skipped Dueling Dragons/Dragon Challenge and went back to Forbidden Journey. It had a 60 minute wait so we did Single Riders again twice in a row. The first time through, flawless, again! The second ride through, they shut the ride down due to a little girl who was freaking out. This may have been the reason the ride has shut down some of the previous times. The ride definitely has some moments that are far too frightening for little children. The ride only sat in the station for about 5 minutes before it started back up.

After that I headed home and now I'm here! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I probably will be going back at least one more time between now and Sunday and I will post my pictures when I get home on Sunday.

so you were saying both entrances to wwohp were open?

basically you could get in from either Jurassic park or lost continent?

Correct. I entered through Dueling Dragons' entrance and many others entered through the LC entrance.

what is your opinion of the seats for FJ?
I actually liked them. I didn't notice this until my third ride, but if you lean back into the seat, you receive the optimal view and audio. The handles on the restraints made me feel like I was actually flying on a broomstick. :lol:

if they took down the walls in jurassic, there is a good chance it'll be open all day you think?
According to all of the employees I asked, they are going to try to keep it open all day today.

I actually liked them. I didn't notice this until my third ride, but if you lean back into the seat, you receive the optimal view and audio. The handles on the restraints made me feel like I was actually flying on a broomstick. :lol:

According to all of the employees I asked, they are going to try to keep it open all day today.

so stoked now haha.. i get outta my other job at 6 so i'll be headed over there right after!