The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 557 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
via: professorbeej on twitter
[HASHTAG]#potterwatch[/HASHTAG] I was just told rides are down for the day but that Hogsmeade is staying open until closing time. This is fantastic. [HASHTAG]#wwohp[/HASHTAG]

via: professorbeej on twitter
#potterwatch I was just told rides are down for the day but that Hogsmeade is staying open until closing time. This is fantastic. #wwohp

I heard that they are saying FJ is done for the day but FotH and DC should still be open. I wouldn't be shocked if they reopen FJ later today. They did say no softs today several thousand times. :lol:

Sounds like Forbidden Journey has broken/shut down again but softs are still occuring. That was as of 45 minutes ago and I haven't heard anything else since.

FJ went down at 2:30 and we were told that it would not open for the rest of the day. (of course the word NOT seems to be thrown around lighly at IOA these days so it could very well go back up.) I heard about the softs so I came by for a couple hourse to check it out. finally saw olivanders. it is cute but I would not wait to do it, if you have seen the youtube clip,, then you have seen it. The streets were busy. I arrived at 2:20 ish and it was 90 min FJ, 10 min FOTH, and 10 min (though really a walk on) for DC.

The hogs head was back and I saw it come to life when I was buying my frozen butter beer. It didn't seem more "dynamic" then when i saw it before so I am guessing it was another reason it was taken down. Also I don't know if this has been talked about but the "magic writing quill" in the window is no working anymore, the unit is turned backwards in the window.

The other shops were busy but not really that crowded accept for owl post/ dervish and bangs. I really dont mind, in fact I love, the size of the other stores. but here really should have been a bit bigger. every 2 min another 20 people or so are forced into the store. just the traffic of people trying to get in and out takes up the aisle space, let alone shoppers. all and all people seemed really happy and blown away by what they were seeing. I talked to a couple dads in line for olivanders and gave them tips. they had no idea what was here but they were loving it anyway! the real magic of the place. people were crowded, hot, and the main ride wasnt running and they were still treating each otehr better then people do at... that other magical place...you know... the old, dusty, antique, out of date kind of magic place...

p.s. don't know if anyone has posted this either but two of my favorite signs posted in TWWOHP are "pram parking" and "do not feed the birds, or other winged creatures"

Yeah there is really no reason for them to close down DC & FoTH just because FJ is down so those two will prob. stay open the entire night. As far as FJ everyone is completely right they will say it's down for the day but if it starts to work again they very well could decide to open it back up. But it should stay this way where they may wait to open the area until later (so the package people actually have private time) than keep it open for the day. There is really no reason they can't continue this & just close FJ as needed. I'm pretty sure this will last until early next week when they lock it down again to get ready for the media.

So jealous of everyone getting in today! I wish they'd done a full day open when I was there; I'd love to see Hogwarts all lit up. I guess I'll settle for the pictures that are sure to come. :)

FJ went down at 2:30 and we were told that it would not open for the rest of the day. (of course the word NOT seems to be thrown around lighly at IOA these days so it could very well go back up.) I heard about the softs so I came by for a couple hourse to check it out. finally saw olivanders. it is cute but I would not wait to do it, if you have seen the youtube clip,, then you have seen it. The streets were busy. I arrived at 2:20 ish and it was 90 min FJ, 10 min FOTH, and 10 min (though really a walk on) for DC.

The hogs head was back and I saw it come to life when I was buying my frozen butter beer. It didn't seem more "dynamic" then when i saw it before so I am guessing it was another reason it was taken down. Also I don't know if this has been talked about but the "magic writing quill" in the window is no working anymore, the unit is turned backwards in the window.

The other shops were busy but not really that crowded accept for owl post/ dervish and bangs. I really dont mind, in fact I love, the size of the other stores. but here really should have been a bit bigger. every 2 min another 20 people or so are forced into the store. just the traffic of people trying to get in and out takes up the aisle space, let alone shoppers. all and all people seemed really happy and blown away by what they were seeing. I talked to a couple dads in line for olivanders and gave them tips. they had no idea what was here but they were loving it anyway! the real magic of the place. people were crowded, hot, and the main ride wasnt running and they were still treating each otehr better then people do at... that other magical place...you know... the old, dusty, antique, out of date kind of magic place...

p.s. don't know if anyone has posted this either but two of my favorite signs posted in TWWOHP are "pram parking" and "do not feed the birds, or other winged creatures"

I thought the signs were a nice touch! The "No Muggles" sign in FJ was probably my favorite, even though it made me go D:

via BanksLee: From what I understand they will be open till 9.
In regards to if the rides will be open until closing.

--- Update ---

But everyone else is saying FJ is down for today via [HASHTAG]#potterwatch[/HASHTAG]

chargrilled rib platter @3b

1415mdc.jpg

I guess it's the same thing/price at thunder falls?

The food pics are making me really hungry & it doesn't surprise me 3B last seating is 5:45 restaurants usually don't stay open until park close so plan ahead if you want to have dinner there

Also I don't know if this has been talked about but the "magic writing quill" in the window is no working anymore, the unit is turned backwards in the window.

I am not sure what you mean by "turned backwards". You were always looking at the back of a slant-front writing desk and a book on a deep slant away from you. If they turned it around from its original placement, then you would see how it works. Had you seen it before when it was working?

Oooh... the things I could tell you about this particular animated prop. If the quill wasn't moving then I am sad about that... it was a brilliant looking effect.

Last edited:
Via FLallday: Breaking: [HASHTAG]#wwohp[/HASHTAG] CLOSES at 5:45pm tonight. Confirmation from suits & TMs. [HASHTAG]#potterwatch[/HASHTAG]

--- Update ---

Oops, haha we posted the same tweet =/