The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 643 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the best way of being able to experience the Wizarding World is by just waiting until later in the day? That's what I've gotten from some posts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the best way of being able to experience the Wizarding World is by just waiting until later in the day? That's what I've gotten from some posts.

To tell you the truth, it really dosn't make a huge differance. Crowds are huge from dawn till dusk. If you're used to normal summer crowd patterns, you'll be horrified by the density of the crowd at 9 P.M.

--- Update ---

Are death eater masks available to purchase?

Yes. Don't ask me the price, because I don't know, and I don't want to buy one, considering I'm not a Death Eater. I'm sure it'll make a great Halloween costume though.

To tell you the truth, it really dosn't make a huge differance. Crowds are huge from dawn till dusk. If you're used to normal summer crowd patterns, you'll be horrified by the density of the crowd at 9 P.M.

--- Update ---

Yes. Don't ask me the price, because I don't know, and I don't want to buy one, considering I'm not a Death Eater. I'm sure it'll make a great Halloween costume though.

Cool thanks. I have been in the market for one to perform dark magic and get my followers again. You will be rewarded greatly.

I totally disagree. Yes, there are a lot of people in the world throughout the day, but there is little to no wait to get into the land late in the day. I think a lot of people sit down for dinner, realize they're pooped, and decide to call it a day lol.

Behind the Thrills reported in a recent update as well as some other sightings of the plant heads at the end of those vines in the greenhouse area of the queue were opened up with wiring suggesting something more than just scenary is behind them...but who knows...not I. But many speculated speakers or misters for the queue.

I think they are speakers...when I was in the queue in the greenhouses a woman's voice kept saying quite loudly that they were experiencing technical difficulties whenever the ride would stop working for a minute. You could hear it a lot better in the greenhouses than outside them, which makes me think those flowers are the speakers.

--- Update ---

Thanks everybody for telling me to go in the late afternoon... I dont think i can wait 2-5 hours just to get in.

They have been staying open until after 11! Going in the late afternoon, they are still quite busy and the lines to get in to the shops are still long, but around 8.00 at night, there are no lines! My sister and I got out of FJ around 9 and went to as many shops as we wanted--No lines! And they did not make us leave, we left on our last day at around 11.45 and people were still shopping.

If anyone would like to see, I just got back from WW and took LOADS of pictures. About 600...hahaha. It was the most amazing experience of my life as I am a huge Potter fan. I also got chosen for the Ollivander's experience :]
My pictures should be public on Facebook if you would like to look at them!

Day1:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?a...&ref=mf#!/album.php?aid=2039282&id=1513410097
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2039293&id=1513410097#!/album.php?aid=2039284&id=1513410097

Day3:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2039293&id=1513410097#!/album.php?aid=2039292&id=1513410097
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2039293&id=1513410097

I took loads of pictures. The 2nd day we were at Uni, so I did not post those. I hope you enjoy them...or even look at them! Haha.

We only went to WWOHP in the morning and at night because of the crowds. By noon, it got ridiculous and when you left, they had security people at the gates telling you that if you wanted to come back in, you would have to get back into the five hour line. The staff is amazing and so nice!

On our third day, we got to the park at 6.30 am so we could be sure to be some of the first people in the park. With our package, we got in an hour early so we were expecting to be let in at 8.00 like the first day, but they let us in at 7.20! We were ecstatic. We waited about an hour for lunch at the Three Broomsticks around 11 and left WW around noon, came back around 5 and there was no wait, but Hogsmeade was still packed! The lines for the shops were still ridiculous. The line for Dragon Challenge was around 30 minutes and FJ around 90. In the morning at 8.30 the wait for FJ was 15 minutes. We were able to ride it twice that morning in about 40 minutes total. :]

Oh yeah, and our 2nd time riding FJ it got stuck while we were on it for about five minutes and then started going again.

Last edited:
If anyone would like to see, I just got back from WW and took LOADS of pictures. About 600...hahaha. It was the most amazing experience of my life as I am a huge Potter fan. I also got chosen for the Ollivander's experience :]
My pictures should be public on Facebook if you would like to look at them!

Day1:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?a...&ref=mf#!/album.php?aid=2039282&id=1513410097
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2039293&id=1513410097#!/album.php?aid=2039284&id=1513410097

Day3:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2039293&id=1513410097#!/album.php?aid=2039292&id=1513410097
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2039293&id=1513410097

I took loads of pictures. The 2nd day we were at Uni, so I did not post those. I hope you enjoy them...or even look at them! Haha.

We only went to WWOHP in the morning and at night because of the crowds. By noon, it got ridiculous and when you left, they had security people at the gates telling you that if you wanted to come back in, you would have to get back into the five hour line. The staff is amazing and so nice!

On our third day, we got to the park at 6.30 am so we could be sure to be some of the first people in the park. With our package, we got in an hour early so we were expecting to be let in at 8.00 like the first day, but they let us in at 7.20! We were ecstatic. We waited about an hour for lunch at the Three Broomsticks around 11 and left WW around noon, came back around 5 and there was no wait, but Hogsmeade was still packed! The lines for the shops were still ridiculous. The line for Dragon Challenge was around 30 minutes and FJ around 90. In the morning at 8.30 the wait for FJ was 15 minutes. We were able to ride it twice that morning in about 40 minutes total. :]

Oh yeah, and our 2nd time riding FJ it got stuck while we were on it for about five minutes and then started going again.

Great Photos! Love how the sun shines on the snowman.

Here's a report. I am currently in the hotel(Royal Pacific), this morning was ridiculous. At 10:30 AM, the line went between the borderline of Toon Lagoon and Marvel Superhero Island. Can't imagine how the line is now.

The family and I had the chance to go on in 30 minutes for hotel guests only in the morning, but we visited Ollivander's instead. It was neat and unique. My brother bought a Dumbledore wand and I bought a Ron wand. Dragon Challenge was great with an awesome, but creepy(when alone) queue line. Flight of the Hippogriff was great too theming and ride wise.

Going back later in the evening with my brother for a 2nd shot at FJ. Maybe I'll see you Tbad!

Does anyone know who this is? It is the first sculpture you see when entering the castle in the Forbidden Journey queue. I rode it 5 times and studied the sculpture each time and even asked people surrounding us if they knew who it was, but no one did. I am confused because there is a lion on the bottom and a badger, but no snake or raven. WHO IS THIS PERSON?
[Sorry if this has already been discussed...I have been in Orlando for the past week and have not been in the forums]

j64the.jpg

I am going through my pictures to see if I have any better ones...in this one you cannot see the lion and badger.

Does anyone know who this is? It is the first sculpture you see when entering the castle in the Forbidden Journey queue. I rode it 5 times and studied the sculpture each time and even asked people surrounding us if they knew who it was, but no one did. I am confused because there is a lion on the bottom and a badger, but no snake or raven. WHO IS THIS PERSON?
[Sorry if this has already been discussed...I have been in Orlando for the past week and have not been in the forums]

j64the.jpg

I am going through my pictures to see if I have any better ones...in this one you cannot see the lion and badger.

I have always heard and I believe it is the builder/architect of Hogwarts. Hence, the small model, and map, of Hogwarts in his hands... That's what mugglenet said it was when they got their special preview...