The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 862 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if some scenes could be movie based. Each ride has an iconic train scene from one of the movies. Maybe only one of two movies mixed in with the weather/seasonal scenes. I think that would be cool.

Is there any confirmation that the special effects will rely solely on high-tech window in the train? I think the simpler way to build this would be to have the train enter a tunnel. Then you could supplement the windows with robots, AA, 4D effects like "real rain", or "real frost" from a dementor attack using a chiller blast or something. So you have a train that looks and works mostly like a train, and a tunnel (or two tunnels, 1 for each direction) full of effects.

Is there any confirmation that the special effects will rely solely on high-tech window in the train? I think the simpler way to build this would be to have the train enter a tunnel. Then you could supplement the windows with robots, AA, 4D effects like "real rain", or "real frost" from a dementor attack using a chiller blast or something. So you have a train that looks and works mostly like a train, and a tunnel (or two tunnels, 1 for each direction) full of effects.

No tunnel. I promise.

A tunnel would be cool but yeah no. You wont be able to tell what time of day it is or the weather outside after you enter the queue so whichever one of the six sets you encounter will be a surprise and you wont think, "but its sunny out right now."

FYI there is indeed going to be a small tunnel on the north side but its impact is on the station not the express. :thumbs:

Universal Studios is North and IOA is south and Cabana is south of IOA. MIB and Gringotts are the two northernmost attractions on property.

Ah, I see. Well, it certainly makes sense there would be a tunnel at King's Cross.

I'm still amazed at the ambitiousness of the Hogwarts Express ride alone. There are so many theming variables that have to be considered. Despite my already very high expectations, I have a feeling it will be surpassed when I actually ride it.

Due to the design of the station, Kings Cross will have a rather long tunnel to block the view out of the station. Hogsmeade Station in my opinion will also have a much shorter tunnel to block the view of DC as already mentioned.

You don't want to be standing in either station queue and see the real world outside. :lol:

Due to the design of the station, Kings Cross will have a rather long tunnel to block the view out of the station. Hogsmeade Station in my opinion will also have a much shorter tunnel to block the view of DC as already mentioned.

You don't want to be standing in either station queue and see the real world outside. :lol:

The north tunnel is for the interior view looking out and to avoid the view of the "real world" as Bob mentions. The south side is being constructed in away that people won't be able to view beyond the magic.

^ Makes one wonder what one will see once they board the train. Will the train windows look black and shiny from the outside? Will the screens be on during boarding and on one side become a bunch of hogwarts students boarding and on the opposite side a forest or station wall? Will be interesting to see how they 'justify' the effects.

^ Makes one wonder what one will see once they board the train. Will the train windows look black and shiny from the outside? Will the screens be on during boarding and on one side become a bunch of hogwarts students boarding and on the opposite side a forest or station wall? Will be interesting to see how they 'justify' the effects.

I was assuming the screens would be on while your loading, and show something that makes seance to be there. It would kill it if it were just black, then when the ride starts okay it's a window now. Hopefully the screens are bad:censored: enough so people that don't know can't tell they are even screens then.

The shades could be pulled down.

It would actually be cool to put an automatic shade in front of the screen for loading and unloading. it would give the screens a break and a chance to cool off between each trip without ruining the theme. And more importantly it giving the screens a break could reduce downtimes.