The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 863 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They need to get LC games outta there first. At that point they can start working on it.

To get rid of the LC games they need the JP games open first.

Am I the only one here who feels as though the Lost Continent is quickly becoming the Lost Cause? After Hogsmead opens, there will be little to retain between WWOHP and Seuss Landing. That said, I cannot imagine that WWOHP be expanded even further toward Seuss Landing without taking over the entire park.

Perhaps the Lost Continent can be rebranded as LOTR.

I think Sindbad and a bit of the surrounding buildings and area should be flattened and made into a new water attraction, like Madagascar : A Crate Adventure but with a Mythology theme. Maybe a story tied to the story and characters of Poseidon's Fury. I'm not sure if there's sufficient space, but it's be a great way to keep Lost Continent relevant and able to hold it's own against the other islands.

I think Sindbad and a bit of the surrounding buildings and area should be flattened and made into a new water attraction, like Madagascar : A Crate Adventure but with a Mythology theme. Maybe a story tied to the story and characters of Poseidon's Fury. I'm not sure if there's sufficient space, but it's be a great way to keep Lost Continent relevant and able to hold it's own against the other islands.

They won't get rid of Sindbad, re-theme it yes, but get rid of a show? Nope... only sit down show in that park, and every park needs those shows in the peak summer months to eat people.

They won't get rid of Sindbad, re-theme it yes, but get rid of a show? Nope... only sit down show in that park, and every park needs those shows in the peak summer months to eat people.

Great point about the need for a stunt show! Imagine if there were space to put a new one in Marvel :Genie:

LC keeps shrinking bit by bit... First it loses all it's rides, then the games (which fit into the "marketplace" feel IMO). They turned it into a "placeholder" rather than a land/island.

I do believe it is true that if they knocked down some buildings, they could reconfigure whatever to be built anew to feel more complete (wiser usage of the space available).

IDK about the concept of letting WWoHP and Seuss both eat half of LC. More new stuff is good, but having a diversity in the stories being told is best.

I mean they could even keep it LC... the shows and restaurant can stay where they are, just rework the middle area so it feels bigger and more stuff to do.

Great point about the need for a stunt show! Imagine if there were space to put a new one in Marvel :Genie:

LC keeps shrinking bit by bit... First it loses all it's rides, then the games (which fit into the "marketplace" feel IMO). They turned it into a "placeholder" rather than a land/island.

I do believe it is true that if they knocked down some buildings, they could reconfigure whatever to be built anew to feel more complete (wiser usage of the space available).

IDK about the concept of letting WWoHP and Seuss both eat half of LC. More new stuff is good, but having a diversity in the stories being told is best.

I mean they could even keep it LC... the shows and restaurant can stay where they are, just rework the middle area so it feels bigger and more stuff to do.

I do not think they will tear down the stadium(sinbad). Retheme the show? yes .but if you had told me they would tear out jaws before twister a while back I would have said the same thing.

Am I the only one here who feels as though the Lost Continent is quickly becoming the Lost Cause? After Hogsmead opens, there will be little to retain between WWOHP and Seuss Landing. That said, I cannot imagine that WWOHP be expanded even further toward Seuss Landing without taking over the entire park.

Perhaps the Lost Continent can be rebranded as LOTR.

Agreed, I'm looking at the google map of the area, and wonder how far they will be going to re-theme that part of LC. Will the fortune teller, swords shop, fire-eaters grille remain open?

I'm sure Universal Creative has questions about what to keep and what to replace, its quite difficult.

I could even see them taking over the entire LC, but what about Mythos? It's one of the biggest things IOA has going for it to me.

Not sure if these have been shared or not and I'm not going through 1200 pages to check :lol:

0a7a51a5511495ec9a995dd4c967f808.jpg

30f6a75af29d20dc31c5ec2af1ca9de0.jpg

b264828516d33df239a72d4b24684b4b.jpg

Agreed, I'm looking at the google map of the area, and wonder how far they will be going to re-theme that part of LC. Will the fortune teller, swords shop, fire-eaters grille remain open?

I do not think they will tear down the stadium(sinbad). Retheme the show? yes .but if you had told me they would tear out jaws before twister a while back I would have said the same thing.

I ended up posting more about this concept, but it eneded up in a discussion in "The Stash". What I was thinking was keep all of the buildings on the outside, including the stuntshow and Mythos, just rework the middle area to make it feel more complete. This was a quick example, so obviously more can be done.

Yes, HTF said that. But it is a very small part of LC being taken out, and the games nearby closed so they don't but into the transition. Marked in red below are the courtyard area, and the closing games.

The problem with LC is that it feels incomplete, and rightfully so because it now is. But they can rework the interior of the land, to revitalize the area and make it feel complete.

LC1.png

Above are just a few examples. They can move the yellow buildings back around where the orange line is, and redo the yellow buildings to be shops and games all the way around. This would make the area marked in brown, which is currently backstage, more gust paths. I think the loop can help, as now it is more like a pass-through unless your going to the show or PF. Then more can be done to both areas leading up to the attractions to add interest to the area too.

Nice post HTF!

Last edited:
Thanks for these. I've seen the domes many times when the ride broke down, but for some reason I never noticed the projectors at the top. It's cool to see the drawings.

They're actually camouflaged in a lot of the carousels. Particularly carousel 2 where they're hidden in shrubbery.

Wait Potter isn't expanding all the way into LC eventually is it?! Too much of that crap.
Still hoping for posideons to be transformed into a indoor coaster.