The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 864 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If they are not going to put a new major ride in Lost Continent they really need to consider continuing Potter or putting something very possible like a Skull Island. Some of the neat things about LC can stay like the look of Poseidons Fury(besides the entrance) and of course Mythos which could be tweaked by Universal. A part of me wants LC to stay and just get a couple new rides including an E-Ticket with it. But the other part of me REALLY wants SKULL ISLAND with all our beloved KONG making a pleasant return. And I really believe none of these ideas seem unbelievable and could very well happen.

So Im going to rehash an old argument and some may hate me for it. But here we go.

I noticed yesterday that the exact first thing you see when you come around the corner of hogsmeade up to the castle is the showbuilding. I was like...meh.....But then i remembered the exact first thing I saw when coming into IOA was the CITH showbuilding. And then walking through Suess Landing I saw the showbuilding for Poseidon's. Then walking through MSHI I saw the showbuilding for Spiderman. Then walking through Universal I saw the showbuilding for ROTM, ET, DM, Twister ( :lol: ), Transformers ( :rofl: ), and did i mention ROTM?

Needless to say, showbuildings are EVERYWHERE......EVERYWHERE I TELL YOU

Does anyone have any good pictures of what phase 1 looked like at this point? Like I can't find any pictures where Hogwarts Castle isn't fully finished....anyone know of any with Hogwarts castle just partially complete on the outside?

Does anyone have any good pictures of what phase 1 looked like at this point? Like I can't find any pictures where Hogwarts Castle isn't fully finished....anyone know of any with Hogwarts castle just partially complete on the outside?

http://www.brianorndorf.com/2009/02/wizarding-world-of-harry-potter-construction-update-2309.html

http://www.brianorndorf.com/2009/07/wizarding-world-of-harry-potter-construction-update-7709.html

http://www.brianorndorf.com/2009/09/wizarding-world-of-harry-potter-construction-update-90909.html

attachment.php

My daughter and I just had to make homemade Butterbeer today. Recipe is dead dog easy. We prefer the frozen.

Last edited:
What other connection does Universal have to Wizard of Oz other than Wicked? If it's not a Wicked attraction like USJ once had, I can't imagine it ever coming to the parks.

So, heads up everyone. TF is virtually open and this is when many here turn their distracted heads toward Diagon, ala Sauron's eye. Ride and theming details are going to come out starting soon. Scenes, windows, props, tech and concept renderings will be exposed. Perhaps even revelations of coming technical effects and methods will be revealed, long before Universal opens the area.

If you like wowza insights, stay tuned, if not, now is your time to leave this site or at least this thread until July 1, 2014...

So, heads up everyone. TF is virtually open and this is when many here turn their distracted heads toward Diagon, ala Sauron's eye. Ride and theming details are going to come out starting soon. Scenes, windows, props, tech and concept renderings will be exposed. Perhaps even revelations of coming technical effects and methods will be revealed, long before Universal opens the area.

If you like wowza insights, stay tuned, if not, now is your time to leave this site or at least this thread until July 1, 2014...

Eyes wide open, looking North-West :thumbs:

Here is my homemade Butterbeer recipe:
- 12oz bottle of Boylans creme soda available in Publix
- can of Reddi-wip Original cream
- jar of Smuckers Butterscotch topping
- large glass goblet
- fork

Assembly Instructions:
- Chill Boylans Creme soda to desired temperature.
- Freeze large glass goblet in freezer
- In small bowl, spray a portion of Reddi-(eye it using best judgement), add Butterscotch (to taste). Mix until the the two are combined using fork. Trust me, everyone's palette is different so adjust to taste...
- Pour Boylans into goblet. Fork Butterscotch cream on top of cream soda.
- Sit down because your knees are about to go weak with joy. Drink liberally

I enjoyed a frozen and regular Butterbeer in the park and I must say, my version has a slightly more concentrated cream soda flavor. The two I had in the park were a little diluted for my liking. Visually the only difference from the real thing is my topping has an amber hue (rather than pure white) to the cream on top.

An adjustment can be incorporated for a homemade frozen version. Simply pour the Boylans in the goblet and let freeze to a slushy consistency. Forking the edges every 1/2 hour or so. When at the desired viscosity, simply add the cream topping and enjoy.

I trust this helps.
pftaylor

As a follow up to the recipe post above, kindly allow me to elaborate. I am a chef and based the homemade Butterbeer taste profile on the version available in the park made with ingredients that capture the very essence of what one would buy in the park but optimized its production, timeliness and cost containment for simplicity. It's flavor is spot on I can assure you only not as diluted the real thing.

Boylans Creme is made with genuine cane sugar and is slightly more concentrated than Universal's cream soda but it's flavor profile is an exact match only slightly more intense. Better to my taste buds in every dimension. I have also made a cream topping with heavy cream but it is labor intensive and could sink into the Creme soda if not laminated with a fork to the proper consistency. I examined the recipe Hate linked to (thank you very much) and agree that it could make a reasonable home version. But it is significantly more troublesome and prone to error unless one is quite comfortable in a kitchen. My focus was to make a Butterbeer as good if not better with the fewest ingredients. You can be the judge.

So, in essence, one could make a superior Butterbeer with cost-no-object ingredients but it would only climb another percentage point or two up the mythical Butterbeer mountain and the process and procedure would be arduous. HKR would approve and I hope you do as well.
pftaylor

Reactions: PourJudgment
Here is my homemade Butterbeer recipe:
- 12oz bottle of Boylans creme soda available in Publix
- can of Reddi-wip Original cream
- jar of Smuckers Butterscotch topping
- large glass goblet
- fork

Assembly Instructions:
- Chill Boylans Creme soda to desired temperature.
- Freeze large glass goblet in freezer
- In small bowl, spray a portion of Reddi-(eye it using best judgement), add Butterscotch (to taste). Mix until the the two are combined using fork. Trust me, everyone's palette is different so adjust to taste...
- Pour Boylans into goblet. Fork Butterscotch cream on top of cream soda.
- Sit down because your knees are about to go weak with joy. Drink liberally

I enjoyed a frozen and regular Butterbeer in the park and I must say, my version has a slightly more concentrated cream soda flavor. The two I had in the park were a little diluted for my liking. Visually the only difference from the real thing is my topping has an amber hue (rather than pure white) to the cream on top.

An adjustment can be incorporated for a homemade frozen version. Simply pour the Boylans in the goblet and let freeze to a slushy consistency. Forking the edges every 1/2 hour or so. When at the desired viscosity, simply add the cream topping and enjoy.

I trust this helps.
pftaylor

Thanks for sharing!

This is why I come to this site. I love it.
Looking forward to seeing whatever tricks creative have up their sleeves :thumbs:

:wave:

thanks for the butterbeer recipes guys. I'll have to try them. If you don't know there is a company called Reeds that makes an amazing butterbeer call "flying cauldron butterscotch beer" its all natural and available online and in a lot of stores. It tastes very close to the park butterbeer but I'd say not as sweet. I buy it by the case.