The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 874 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow, I just did the simple math on robotic resets. If an animatronic must reset every 6 seconds, then in an 8 hour period, it will have to reset/replay 4800 times. Now, manufacturing companies have machines that do complex tasks such as this, but no one is watching it for entertainment. If the twinkie cake machine breaks down, no one will have their vacation experience comprimised.

Just a silly post, but it caused me pause on the requirements of show, even though I knew it was severe.

Last edited:
Undoubtedly, this clip must have been posted at some point, but it's so interesting, I want to post it again. It's a brief glimpse of what meetings between J.K Rowling and Universal Creative look like. I hope a documentary crew was filming J.K's meetings with Universal regarding Phase 2; I so want to see more behind the scenes moments.

[video=youtube;_Bcz6vfff18]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bcz6vfff18[/video]

I've never seen that before - thanks so much for posting! I've wondered and imagined what these meetings must have been like so many times, it really is fantastic to see inside. I just wish there was more than 85 seconds!

That wasn't a meeting about Phase 2. It was Phase 1 talk. That clip is from a documentary called "J.K. Rowling: A Year in the Life", released in 2007.

So thats the reason you were able to call phase 2 going into the Jaws area all those years ago :thumbs:
Yep. There were at least 2 plans for Phase 2. If Potter was successful it would have gone into the remaining Lost Continent. If Potter was WILDLY successful then it would go where Jaws was.

I agree with that. It would have been a new land of serious proportions. Perhaps that was one of the possible sites for LOTR if they could get the rights to it.

There was never any intention to bring Transformers: The Ride 3D to Universal Orlando Resort. That was an unexpected, last minute decision.

why was it last minute? to avoid tax? also people say it was a big amount of taxes, around how much? i think universal could afford to pay some big taxes if they had to. It must of been over the price of transformers.

why was it last minute? to avoid tax? also people say it was a big amount of taxes, around how much? i think universal could afford to pay some big taxes if they had to. It must of been over the price of transformers.

Doesn't matter if you can afford it or not, why would you pay a huge amount of money if you could avoid it?

I do not know anything regarding the specifics of the decision, but tax purposes makes sense as there are many situations where people and businesses undertake similar moves. The attraction was designed for Universal Studios Hollywood, but built first at Universal Studios Singapore as part of Sentosa agreeing to fund a significant portion of the attraction. Universal Studios Florida was a rush job that would have been handled differently if it was part of a more long term plan.