Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

Unpopular opinion warning: I don't understand why people need lockers. People don't need to bring backpacks to theme parks. I have never needed or used a locker. Unless of course they force me to use one like the Hulk. :fire:

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion warning: I don't understand why people need lockers. People don't need to bring backpacks to theme parks. I have never needed or used a locker. Unless of course they force me to use one like the Hulk. :fire:
Different strokes for different folks. Some want all the pleasures of home and some carry it all in a credit card case.I know what I do but really don't care what you choose to do.
All I do know is the FJ lockers are the worst form of torture short of Dudley's queue on a summer day.

Different strokes for different folks. Some want all the pleasures of home and some carry it all in a credit card case.I know what I do but really don't care what you choose to do.
All I do know is the FJ lockers are the worst form of torture short of Dudley's queue on a summer day.
Yea, back before the days of always carrying a video camera, still camera, and extra batteries with me I'd just cargo pocket everything at the parks. Oh how I miss the no bag line and not having to use a locker. Those were the days.

Typically I'll take a backpack for my camera, another pair of shoes for my wife, ponchos, spare batteries, the list goes on and on.

Having said that, on the last day of my last trip, we went with no bag and it was liberating. Staying at the Hard Rock and knowing that anything we need is a small walk away is a huge benefit. Since we had our refillable cup, we still needed a locker and obviously going on Hulk, HRRR, it's mandatory.

I guess some like the bags & backpacks. Myself, I would find carrying them a pain in the butt. Cargo pants are the theme park gift from the gods. I like my freedom and have never used a locker except for riding the Hulk & RRR.
I like to use a backpack and it’s only a pain when I’m forced to always put it in a locker. I’m never carrying anything too heavy anyway.

Having said that, on the last day of my last trip, we went with no bag and it was liberating.

Did the same thing my last trip over the course of our stay (we didn't go a full day in the parks, so that helped). With the exception of Hulk, it was smooth on-and-off the whole time.

Less is always more when going to any theme park.

I mean what else do you really need besides your keys, some form of payment (wallet, ID, passes), and sun glasses?

I guess it might be a little different since we typically just stop by for a few hours in the morning or afternoon, but Ive never wanted to be slowed down by a ton of things, especially when Im trying to beat some kids to the next ride. Lol

I always carry a drawstring bag... water, chargers, flip flops for water rides... maybe a change of clothes, advil, snacks and souvenirs go in for our group.. I mean if I was a local and an annual pass or something I would probably forego all this stuff, but when you are hitting the parks hard for 10 + hours its' nice to have supplies.... Also families... I mean we are all adults and we need stuff.... what about families. Why people would carry a bag is pretty easy to figure out IMHO.

It is amazing what they did with the Leaky sign and no electronics.

Very true, but didn't it only last for a while and then get scrapped for a regular sign? I could be mistaken. But a lovely effect regardless.

WWoHP deserves more fiber optic signs and effects though and I'm willing to die on this hill lol.

Very true, but didn't it only last for a while and then get scrapped for a regular sign? I could be mistaken. But a lovely effect regardless.

WWoHP deserves more fiber optic signs and effects though and I'm willing to die on this hill lol.
I'll get a picture of both effects tomorrow. I didn't notice a change last time I went. Now that everyone left their money and went home I can have the parks back.