The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 981 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I thought there was an effect in Knockturn that has a sign/logo catch on fire on the brick wall, but in watching video again, it is just a projection.

I havent been to Universal since August... I miss Diagon already. That place is insane.

There is! You can see it briefly ending here around the :20 mark.

It's one of my favourite effects in Knockturn since it's pretty subtle and it just looks like a normal advertisement/projection until the fire happens.

There is! You can see it briefly ending here around the :20 mark.

It's one of my favourite effects in Knockturn since it's pretty subtle and it just looks like a normal advertisement/projection until the fire happens.

We always spend a ton of time touring Knockturn Alley, and we still discover little nuances that we've missed on prior trips. There's so much to see and experience that Universal could probably market as a n individual walk through attraction if they so deemed.

Knockturn would be a prime place for some fiber optic effects due to its controlled lighting, in particular one of the many sub-alleys that lead to nowhere. But I am supremely happy with the amount of projection tech that Knockturn features, especially the effects in the tattoo parlor. It's just that the sheer feeling of magic that comes with fiber optics has always captivated me. It's luminous and with the right light animation and sculpting, it can go far beyond the standard starry night. Imagine magic spells interacting with it, like illuminating odd runes on old rocks, or an effect on the alleys in Knockturn like I mentioned.

Knockturn would be a prime place for some fiber optic effects due to its controlled lighting, in particular one of the many sub-alleys that lead to nowhere. But I am supremely happy with the amount of projection tech that Knockturn features, especially the effects in the tattoo parlor. It's just that the sheer feeling of magic that comes with fiber optics has always captivated me. It's luminous and with the right light animation and sculpting, it can go far beyond the standard starry night. Imagine magic spells interacting with it, like illuminating odd runes on old rocks, or an effect on the alleys in Knockturn like I mentioned.

I think a reason Fiberoptic isn't used more in WWoHP is that version of magic isn't really represented in the movies. It's more instant or lighting than points of light.

I think a reason Fiberoptic isn't used more in WWoHP is that version of magic isn't really represented in the movies. It's more instant or lighting than points of light.

That's totally possible. Certainly the film's spells are more inspired by the ones in the books, as opposed to a full match. Starry, luminous spells are few and far in between, if ever truly present. However, the books and games certainly have had their share of various spell aesthetics, which are also just as visually valid, so a few effects here and there with fiber-optics would still be highly interesting and intriguing without breaking the visual language of Potter.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
That's totally possible. Certainly the film's spells are more inspired by the ones in the books, as opposed to a full match. Starry, luminous spells are few and far in between, if ever truly present. However, the books and games certainly have had their share of various spell aesthetics, which are also just as visually valid, so a few effects here and there with fiber-optics would still be highly interesting and intriguing without breaking the visual language of Potter.
Forbidden Journey has it on the entrance sign, that's about all I remember

My info has nothing to do with disassociating from the property. Quite the contrary.

So then, they are potentially strengthening the bonds between Universal and Warner Media when it comes to Potter?

It would..actually make sense in a way, considering that NBCUniversal and Warner Media has agreed to a multi-year contract on the TV front, for premiering and showing the films of both the original 8, and the Fantastic Beasts series.

Top that with potentially Warner wanting to shift from just FB for the future; and it could make sense for NBCU and Warner to renegotiate now; especially as things start accelerating for the two parties worldwide.

Reactions: Quint
Yes, but, have you heard about Forbidden Journey's fiber optics

Oh my gosh, do they have fiber optics?? ;)

Yeah this points towards FB going into new park and having their own merch. Makes sense that you will be able to buy FB only in the FB sections and then HP over at IOA/USF.

It would certainly make merch shopping a nightmare, trying to figure out where you saw what item. Does lend another question though: where would be the break between HP and FB? Some of it's clear (Harry sticks with HP, Newt with FB), but the Elder Wand or any of the Deathly Hallows merch (amongst many others) could overlap and still be safe, as it's all rooted in the Grindelwald versus Dumbledore crisis. I'd be curious to see where Universal would draw the line.

I'm not familiar with the IPs outside of the parks, but I think it'll still be whatever sells the best. With some exclusive to the lands and some crossing over.

Oh yea, and IDK what Forbidden Journey means but I think it has fiber optics :thumbsup:

No, FB wands have been moving quite well. Even without the interactive feature. That's why this is surprising to me based on the revenue they've been generating.

This has something to do with negotiations and plans for the future.
Maybe it's a proof of concept. Waterworld wasn't a successful movie but the stunt show scored of the charge. If Universal is to invest in Fantastical Beasts they probably want to see if merch sells. It looks like it passed the test so I guess they are preparing a themed land for Universals Fantastic World.

Is this the first time this has happened since opening?

Can’t remember, but today is the only day it’s down in case anyone’s wondering.

It may have had similar one day closures in the past, but it’s certainly an extreme rarity.