Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

Very true, but didn't it only last for a while and then get scrapped for a regular sign? I could be mistaken. But a lovely effect regardless.

WWoHP deserves more fiber optic signs and effects though and I'm willing to die on this hill lol.
Yes unfortunately I have noticed the Leaky Cauldron sign in London is visible no matter how far away you are now. It was really cool when it was hidden till you got to the right spot...

Hearing once wands sell out, they won't be replenished. Regardless of 6 month contract. Something about the future.
I wander if this portends....and I'm guessing real left field here....that after the middlin performance of the second Beast's movie, that Universal had an merchandise & theme park option on the IP but has decided not to pick up the option. :idea:

I wander if this portends....and I'm guessing real left field here....that after the middlin performance of the second Beast's movie, that Universal had an merchandise & theme park option on the IP but has decided not to pick up the option. :idea:
No, FB wands have been moving quite well. Even without the interactive feature. That's why this is surprising to me based on the revenue they've been generating.

This has something to do with negotiations and plans for the future.

No, FB wands have been moving quite well. Even without the interactive feature. That's why this is surprising to me based on the revenue they've been generating.

Yes, that's what I was alluding to...namely if they have an option and are either picking it up or declining the option, more so with theme park rights.

Last edited:

Are the things they are selling just branded as FB or are they branded as Wizarding World at Universal?

If (and only if) they were going to put in a Fantastic Beasts land in the new park, I would say that they're going to segment the merchandise by park. It would make some logical, thematic sense. That sounds uber blue sky at the moment though, so I have no idea.

Maybe they're trying to get rid of the Fantastic Beasts logos, and are going to bring back the wands/merch under the WWoHP brand? That would technically be a separate product.

It is amazing what they did with the Leaky sign and no electronics.

Very true, but didn't it only last for a while and then get scrapped for a regular sign? I could be mistaken. But a lovely effect regardless.

WWoHP deserves more fiber optic signs and effects though and I'm willing to die on this hill lol.

I see what you mean. Not replaced but the lens that creates the effect is not working
Maybe dirty or was replaced but certainly the effect is gone.

One of the best elements! Love fiber optic effects. I was hoping Diagon could have something similar, but I guess not. Maybe for the Potter coaster?

I thought there was an effect in Knockturn that has a sign/logo catch on fire on the brick wall, but in watching video again, it is just a projection.

I havent been to Universal since August... I miss Diagon already. That place is insane.