The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
first off i'm betting the week after DM opens, you'll see more steel go up in potter/springfield as the main focus from what i'm hearing back is to finish DM so expect that. second I guess we can confirm journey is going vertical, great pics by the way. and here comes where people will be pissed at me but... heres my speculations for Harry Potter.

Ok so first off on the plausablility of 3D.... I think we'll have to wait till japan opens to see as if they did it, we're getting it. then with the underground I have been hearing that also so that's probably true so it can get interesting. then with the plausibility of the deleted scenes, i'm pretty sure its confirmed... if we don't get 3D. if we don't get 3D then we will probably get it but if we get the 3d... might get screwed on that boat. My personal hope for the soundstage is they try to cover the stage like how they did with georges parking or better yet, dm as that worked out for general reaction on all of us so that's what I expect.

Now on my spectulation for Hippogriff, Hogsmeade, and Ollivenders. I have first something to say... by the end of this year.. don't be surprised to see Shrek gone as if they really wana improve Ollivenders and have more than one room.. shrek would need to go. now on Hippogriff, expect japan and Orlando. but then Hogsmeade that will be the bigger thing, now on Hogsmeade itself. I am saying it will probably just be like Japan but I am hoping out on at-least a indoor Hogshead so it'd have shade for the sun. and my last thing is that why I wanted to do this is due to I am done with the speculation for this one so i'm done on Potter.

There, now i'm going to pipe down on that boat until Potter opens.

^ Shrek isn't going anywhere, at least until after Potter comes. That's pretty much set in stone in my opinion. They're starting to change the queue and entrance, so don't expect Shrek to be gone (unfortunately).

Now on my spectulation for Hippogriff, Hogsmeade, and Ollivenders. I have first something to say... by the end of this year.. don't be surprised to see Shrek gone as if they really wana improve Ollivenders and have more than one room.. shrek would need to go. 
I doubt Shrek will leave this early they will need it for potter as it is a people eater.

I also don't believe they would have to get rid of Shrek for a larger Olivanders. (Or anything related to potter)

The fact that they re routed the queue of Shrek makes me wonder if the back of the building might actually get worked on to be themed to Potter.

No. If anything you're looking at a Spring 2016 (Softs in March) vs a Summer 2016 (Softs in May) because there's bound to be delays in the ride system and the land in general. It may look like this is going super fast but the structural steel is the fastest part of the whole process.

Last edited:
Steel has sure risen in Harry and heres a pic from CoasterMatt from Instragram and i'll share my thoughts.

First off, Wow. They are going to Orlando speed standards on Potter building and this kinda proves my hopes for late 2015 if they Keep going like this as if they want Springfield, we could get potter same year due to the kitchen scenario. but wow. props universal, props.

Steel has sure risen in Harry and heres a pic from CoasterMatt from Instragram and i'll share my thoughts.

First off, Wow. They are going to Orlando speed standards on Potter building and this kinda proves my hopes for late 2015 if they Keep going like this as if they want Springfield, we could get potter same year due to the kitchen scenario. but wow. props universal, props.
It is moving at a fast pace, but remember, this is still some of the easier work to be done, as others have stated. The time consuming part comes after all the skeleton framings are up. Don't get your hopes up too high for 2015. We'll have a good look at it all by then, but I don't think we'll be walking through it until 2016.

Reactions: Ryan
I'm 95% sure it's going to open in 2016. Don't place too much money (or any money at all) on 2015.

yes, but if you look at the timeframe when Orlando FJ started going vertical, it still took a full 2 years before it was tested and opened.  I think we will see lots of progress now, but then it will stall once all the steel is up and construction goes indoors and away from our cameras.

Be more interested in Springfield for the moment, it will be here much sooner than Potter.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-06-18/travel/os-harry-potter-timeline-20100618_1_wizarding-world-forbidden-journey-dragon-challenge

20 months of construction, and they did not have to build everything from scratch!

Last edited by a moderator: