The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, everything they built from scratch is what we're getting basically, plus Hippogriff from scratch for us. So I definitely agree that we're looking at 2016. 2015 will be focused on F&F and Fast Food Boulevard.

While we are building from scratch, this is also a toned down clone we're talking about. Yeah, probably no sooner than Spring 2016, but the only difference we're seeing from Orlando's version is the exclusion of the Dragon Challenge coasters.

While we are building from scratch, this is also a toned down clone we're talking about. Yeah, probably no sooner than Spring 2016, but the only difference we're seeing from Orlando's version is the exclusion of the Dragon Challenge coasters.
IMO there's gonna be nothing toned down about our Wizarding World in comparison, besides not having Dragon Challenge (not a loss in my book). We have MORE to build compared to the original, since we'll be building the Hippogriff ride from scratch too. But that should be a quick process. USH also has more hoops and loops to jump through to build Wizarding World on our hilly and weird terrain and attached to our small park. Even though clones usually get built faster, Wizarding World is the exception in my book, since it's such a huge and unique step for our park.

IMO there's gonna be nothing toned down about our Wizarding World in comparison, besides not having Dragon Challenge (not a loss in my book). We have MORE to build compared to the original, since we'll be building the Hippogriff ride from scratch too. But that should be a quick process. USH also has more hoops and loops to jump through to build Wizarding World on our hilly and weird terrain and attached to our small park. Even though clones usually get built faster, Wizarding World is the exception in my book, since it's such a huge and unique step for our park.
Yeah, true. Plus, if these rumors regarding the different versions of the WWoHP in the different Universal parks are true, we may also have to wait for upgrades to Forbidden Journey or an all new Great Hall dining experience.

To be quite honest, I'm fine with everything being identical to Florida (save for Dragon Challenge and the outdated projection system).

Forbidden Journey is huge!

DSCN0561.jpg

DSCN0525.jpg
DSCN0553.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry potter as far as we know; will have Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, And Forbidden Journey. Nothing else has been said but i do think that Hippogriff is coming due to word of it from a model.. And I think i'm betting this now; Jim hill was right of Springfield and i'm damn well

positive that great hall is coming. I just think that he wouldn't say that as a joke and he was right of the Deluxe Springfield so screw it; all in.

Ollivander's on the left side of the street is one of the smartest ideas that could have ever happened, especially with the rumored multiple room experience. Also, unsure if our approach to Hogwarts will be at the same angle as the virtual tour for Japan but it's going to look great overall!

Reactions: William
I am still skeptical.  Ollivander's is still listed as a shop and not an attraction.  Why would we want a higher hourly count for a shop?  Still odd to me.  We will wait and see.

Well it's considered a store in Orlando and it's more of a show. Also with the 45+ minute wait times for an experience that everyone wants to see! it's going to be smart to have multiple rooms.

Reactions: JaySalahi
Its interesting that Hogshead has a store on the Japan site but yea, Great hall... no and its interesting that in Japan, Ollivenders is on the left so if thats where its going for hollywood, makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not convinced that the layout we see online is the final layout for Hollywood.  I have seen other things which contradict this.  But that also says that what I may have seen may not be current or correct.