The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am not convinced that the layout we see online is the final layout for Hollywood.  I have seen other things which contradict this.  But that also says that what I may have seen may not be current or correct.
Not so sure it'd be possible to have that exact same layout anyway. Florida and Japan have an entrance/exit to the land just to the left of the Forbidden Journey entrance, but in Hollywood, that'll be a dead end. Here's to hoping we won't have to see Krusty the Clown while strolling through Hogsmeade.

Reactions: JaySalahi
Not so sure it'd be possible to have that exact same layout anyway. Florida and Japan have an entrance/exit to the land just to the left of the Forbidden Journey entrance, but in Hollywood, that'll be a dead end.
Could there be an exit left of Hogwarts that leads to the Studio Tour?

ramp.png

I highly doubt that... remember all rides must finish on the gift shop hahaha... it's just a ramp to access to the construction area from a place that doesn't interrupt park operations...

Reactions: Ryan
It's a little too early in the game for them to be setting up paths. Even if that were to become another route to the tour, all they're doing at the moment is putting up steel. In addition, they'd have to build an additional bridge - there's a road dividing the Studio Tour Plaza and the Wizarding World construction site.

There's no point to include another path there. The only path that MAY be included is to the left of the Studio Tour arch as you exit. Even then, they're going to have a lot of space for extended queue compared to Orlando as the concrete structure they built is the foundation for the Greenhouse I think.

Reactions: William
There's no point to include another path there. The only path that MAY be included is to the left of the Studio Tour arch as you exit. Even then, they're going to have a lot of space for extended queue compared to Orlando as the concrete structure they built is the foundation for the Greenhouse I think.
Very well could be. Orlando ended up chipping away more of JP later on for an even longer extended queue, so we should keep the placement of that in mind too.

The extended queue space that I'm talking about is about the size of Shrek 4D. Pretty huge already.

The extended queue space that I'm talking about is about the size of Shrek 4D. Pretty huge already.
Right, I know, there's a Herbology Greenhouse section that serves as extended queue. Within the next year or two, however, they had to add more extended queue to keep a line from winding all throughout Jurassic Park. There are days where this still happens, though. It'll be interesting to see how USH deals with Forbidden Journey's popularity.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
During an employee event yesterday focused around the new attractions coming out, apparently Butterbeer was served for the first time for west coasters! Heard various reviews of it, some liked it, some didn't.

Remember that Butterbeer, per the contract with Warner Bros, can only be served in specially approved events or in the land itself, so don't expect to see a cart arriving on scene anytime soon.

Didn't get much details besides that, I have to assume not much else was revealed besides what we know. The event seemed to be poised to inform employees about the upcoming plans so they can let the guests coming to the park know what's going on with the construction. Since not all USH employees are theme park nuts like us, this is a pretty smart idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: William
During an employee event yesterday focused around the new attractions coming out, apparently Butterbeer was served for the first time for west coasters! Heard various reviews of it, some liked it, some didn't.

Remember that Butterbeer, per the contract with Warner Bros, can only be served in specially approved events or in the land itself, so don't expect to see a cart arriving on scene anytime soon.

Didn't get much details besides that, I have to assume not much else was revealed besides what we know. The event seemed to be poised to inform employees about the upcoming plans so they can let the guests coming to the park know what's going on with the construction. Since not all USH employees are theme park nuts like us, this is a pretty smart idea.
Though this isn't Potter related, Krusty the Clown was also at the event for photos. Looks like we've got the clown himself coming to the park soon!

Reactions: Ryan and Bonkers
My brother wasn't able to attend the employee meeting because of school. I told him to ask around and see if his buddies went. Hopefully I can get a little info from him.

I don't think anything major was disclosed. Springfield will feature a second floor and - in total - will have about 500 seats. Ben and Jerry's and Louie's will be rethemed soon, and Butterbeer was served.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: William and Ryan