The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Look before anyone starts hating on me plz know that im really happy that were getting hogsmeade and forbiddin journey here in hollywood i think hogsmeade looks amazing and forbiddin journey looks like a masterpiece but i personally think universal hollywood and japan should be getting diagon alley and escape from gringotts that way all 3 studio style parks (yes that includes unistudios florida) have DA and EFG.I just personally think that hogsmeade (which is the true wizarding world location out of the two lands) just seems to make more sense in the type of park that IOA is.I also think far far away at uni singapore should be replaced with hogsmeade since USS is more of a IOA style park then USH USF and USJ even though USS has the word ''studio'' in its name (lol).either way im happy weather we get hogsmeade or diagon alley they both look like masterpiece. :)

We're not getting Diagon Alley/Gringotts. No room.

Besides, Hogwarts and Hogsmeade, especially Hogwarts, are more iconic than the London expansion. Can't have the London land without first having Hogwarts. It's just more iconic.

Although I kinda don't get why you are putting so much emphasis on the name of the park dictating what land/ride it should get. IOA has Jurassic Park and Hogwarts. So will Japan and Hollywood's Studio named parks. IOA has Spiderman, and Japan's Studio park also has Spiderman. I personally don't see why it should stay IOA exclusive just cuz our park isn't named IOA.

But yes, Hogsmeade and Hogwarts will look amazing in our park, which is a melting pot of different attractions.

Last edited by a moderator:
None of Universal's "studio style" parks are exactly alike, and that's how I believe they're meant to be. If anything, USH is the oddball park trying to flatten out the bumps of its current infrastructure in order to properly compare with its sister parks.

The London Embankment in USF is incredibly massive, and Diagon Alley is nearly twice the size of Hogsmeade. If USH had to get rid of the Gibson Amphitheater just to wedge Hogsmeade in, there would've been absolutely no way to fit Diagon Alley in that spot.

As for Hogsmeade in USS.. Far Far Away is actually very small. There would not only be no room, but no logical way to place Forbidden Journey and the shops of Hogsmeade throughout the land. That's not to say I once thought and still wish that Far Far Away could be replaced with Potter.

I hope you didn't take that as me hating on you. Haha.

i guess you both have a point i guess im just jelious that were quite possibly never getting DA,HPATFJ,and HE :(

lol my mistake ;) And ya im definityly going to star saving up to take a trip to orlando nexy year but its really hard for me to take trips at the moment since im currently going to college and etc.lol im poor! Does anyone know if the greenhouse is going on the left or rigth side of FJ?It does not seem like were going to be getting it,?,? also how would you describe FJ to a friend.?.?.?.?

lol my mistake ;) And ya im definityly going to star saving up to take a trip to orlando nexy year but its really hard for me to take trips at the moment since im currently going to college and etc.lol im poor! Does anyone know if the greenhouse is going on the left or rigth side of FJ?It does not seem like were going to be getting it,?,? also how would you describe FJ to a friend.?.?.?.?
We're getting the greenhouse...it's goin to be identical.

What you studying and what college?

What about expanding to the "falls lake" area for Diagon Alley/Gringotts?
That idea's been brought up awhile ago on the forums. Not only is the idea a bit far-fetched in terms of transportation to and from that area and the Upper Lot, but there really isn't much room anymore. Fast and Furious: Supercharged is taking up a lot more room, obviously, than The Mummy's Tomb, which is directly adjacent to Falls Lake.

Super Charged is not taking up all of the Falls Lake area.    The Falls Lake area is quite large and could easily fit an Diagon Alley expansion alongside Supercharged.  As for transportation, that problem has been solved with the Hogwarts Express.

Falls Lake is still one of the most actively used locations for filming on the backlot. I doubt it'll be replaced by a theme park attraction anytime soon. Especially since the route that a hypothetical Hogwarts Express would take is the only path for the Tram to make it back to the tram depot/unloading and from F&F.

Times are changing for the movie studio. It would not surprise me at some point for the falls lake area to be taken over by the theme park. It may not happen for a while, but I think we'll see the studio shrink to some extent. I won't be dismissive about anything going anywhere. If Universal feels that Diagon Alley will bring massive amounts of cash, than they will do whatever is necessary to bring it to Hollywood.

Reactions: BruceTheShark
Will we get Diagon Alley? I am stating to think the answer to that question may depend on whether or not Universal acquires the golf course.

Super Charged is not taking up all of the Falls Lake area.    The Falls Lake area is quite large and could easily fit an Diagon Alley expansion alongside Supercharged.  As for transportation, that problem has been solved with the Hogwarts Express.
But then you have one massive bottle-necking problem. If they were to exapand to that area, they would need to add more than 1 attraction and more than 1 source of transportation to and from that area.