The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think expansion is inevitable no matter what... when Potter opens the crowds are going to be so huge that they will expand, most likely to the backlot... Really, the crowds are only to get worse when Potter opens... the bottleneck is here to stay since everything will go around Hogsmeade. The question is not if but when. We didn't think it was possible to get Potter and Uni got rid of the Gibson, something unthinkable. I don't know where or how or what will expand the park, but it will. Anyways, we have to wait 2 years to see what happens...

Bottlenecking is supposed to be relieved to some extent once Potter opens. At the moment, there's only one route to get to Simpsons Plaza, the StarWay, and the Studio Tour. Once Potter opens, the Upper Lot's crowds will be dispersed among the new attractions offered.

In terms of expansion.. of course it's inevitable. I personally believe we'll see an expansion into the movie studios before anything golf course related. Just my opinion, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, heres a theory. If hes coming, there WILL be a Great Hall. It makes sense due to he is coming over and It would allow more possibilites aka the hall which if they do that, it makes sense but we'll see..

Ok, heres a theory. If hes coming, there WILL be a Great Hall. It makes sense due to he is coming over and It would allow more possibilites aka the hall which if they do that, it makes sense but we'll see..
No, not exactly. Alan Gilmore's recently spent A LOT of time in Japan working on the USJ version as well. All it means is that he's working on it. And that's about it.

Reactions: William and Aaron
But then you have one massive bottle-necking problem. If they were to exapand to that area, they would need to add more than 1 attraction and more than 1 source of transportation to and from that area.
That's true, bottle necking will also be a problem in Orlando as well.  Luckily Orlando has a solution to bottle necking and its one Hollywood could use too...CityWalk.  Imagine if Universal tore out the stores at the end of CityWalk and expanded City Walk through the parking structure and into the Falls Lake area.  If you Didn't want to wait in line for the Hogwarts Express, you would "park hop" using CityWalk to get to Diagon Alley.  Far fetched idea, I know, but remember this is a theme park that uses four escalators to get people down to one of its "lands".

In a past podcast, one of the hosts mentioned splitting the Upper and Lower Lots into two parks. Well if Universal went the route above, over time, the Idea of USH becoming a two park resort wouldn't be too far fetched of an idea.

That's true, bottle necking will also be a problem in Orlando as well.  Luckily Orlando has a solution to bottle necking and its one Hollywood could use too...CityWalk.  Imagine if Universal tore out the stores at the end of CityWalk and expanded City Walk through the parking structure and into the Falls Lake area.  If you Didn't want to wait in line for the Hogwarts Express, you would "park hop" using CityWalk to get to Diagon Alley.  Far fetched idea, I know, but remember this is a theme park that uses four escalators to get people down to one of its "lands"
But I think the difference here is that Diagon Alley is part of a larger park in Florida. Guests aren't limited to one specific land like they would be here in Hollywood, and they're given the option to explore a slew of attractions.

I can't imagine guests reentering the park through CityWalk just to reach Diagon Alley. That seems like too much of a bottleneck - even for Hollywood.

Reactions: William
I heard that Universal bought land in the Hollywood Hills where they'll be building Diagon Alley. You'll go down into the Metro station to get there where they'll build Hogwarts Express. Mmmhmm.
I heard they're building the Hogwarts Express through the 405, with Diagon Alley being a part of LAX. That way, the trip from USH to LAX/Diagon Alley will be realistic in length of time it takes to get from London to Scotland/Hogwarts, since the 405 takes forever!

Reactions: steve
This what i'm going to talk is actauly something i've been hearing from a reliable source of mine and its not a fake news site, its on the staff. Ok, it seems Universal has 2

alternatives for a Phase II but its only if potter is successful or not. If its mediocrely successful, then they will expand to waterworld for a new show. and if it is, then we're

getting Hogwarts Express/Diagon. but right now, they're just looking into phase I and phase I only so we'll see what happens with potter. Besides that, Nothing much i've

been hearing but Hogsmeade will have more shops also from my source. 

Edit: I do have terriable spelling so mind that.

Hogsmeade is likely to have more shops based on Japan's layout. It's been talked about before how, logistically, it wouldn't make sense for Diagon Alley to be directly adjacent to Hogsmeade. Not only is there not enough room, but J.K. Rowling wouldn't let it happen.

Reactions: Freak and Aaron
Hogsmeade is likely to have more shops based on Japan's layout. It's been talked about before how, logistically, it wouldn't make sense for Diagon Alley to be directly adjacent to Hogsmeade. Not only is there not enough room, but J.K. Rowling wouldn't let it happen.
Keep in mind, we haven't seen the end product but if it is a success, we're getting it but for now. we'll see.. And the source of mine is a person i know from Creative.

Keep in mind, we haven't seen the end product but if it is a success, we're getting it but for now. we'll see.. And the source of mine is a person i know from Creative.
It sounds about right... did he mention what was the possibility if it was a success?? Like where would they build Diagon Alley?

I can assure you now; Potter will indefinitely, undoubtedly be a success. I think Orlando's popularity can surely justify that. In my opinion, the Hogwarts Express and Diagon Alley either come as one or don't come at all. In order to stay true to the stories, we would require both elements.

However, the Hogwarts Express isn't simply another attraction wedged in a repurposed space. It also serves as a type of transportation in order to take guests to and from 2 separate locations far in distance. Why wait in line for hours for the train when you can simply walk directly from Hogsmeade to the former WaterWorld location?

I guess the point I'm trying to make here is that no matter how you manage to squeeze in an entire land almost double the size of Hogsmeade, there are significant flaws that would accompany it.

Right now, If Phase one is a success, they're doing Diagon. If its a lukewarm success, Phase II would instead be the waterworld replacer. But in terms of Locations, right

now as far as I know, one of the areas up for bargin is Fall's Lake going all the way from the Great outdoors cabin all the way to the Tram path for the Terror tram during

HHN for dropping off Guests to the sets not picking them up with also some trees near the Amity sets. And to take note, the waterworld replacer

would not be a ride.

Basicly, something like this..