The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"Internal source" can be a Potter fan head who's also a ride operator cast member who simply wants us to get Diagon Alley...

I just...really don't want Universal to turn into a one trick pony. Universal Orlando Resort has enough variety and space to make Diagon Alley and have it make sense. USH is small. If you add Diagon Alley, the % of our small park being devoted to Potter is gonna be too big. No thanks.

For those so confident that USH won't get Diagon Alley, ask yourself this:

Four years ago, if someone came up to you and said "in 2016, USH will get WWOHP", would you have believed them?  

I wish the internet was around in the mid 80's. I bet people would be just as dismissive about Universal expanding into the front lot.

"Internal source" can be a Potter fan head who's also a ride operator cast member who simply wants us to get Diagon Alley...

I just...really don't want Universal to turn into a one trick pony. Universal Orlando Resort has enough variety and space to make Diagon Alley and have it make sense. USH is small. If you add Diagon Alley, the % of our small park being devoted to Potter is gonna be too big. No thanks.

Universal could care less about variety if it means profits at USH skyrocket.

I wonder if the Jim Hill rumors about the Great Hall restaurant and the Defense against the Dark Arts show came from the "weaker" version of the expansion plans.

Four years ago, if someone came up to you and said "in 2016, USH will get WWOHP", would you have believed them?  
Yes, but I would be instantly aware that a large part of the park would have to be demolished to make room for it. And I would be right.

They're already eating a GIGANTIC portion of the theme park property for this IP. Diagon Alley, combined with the Gringotts addition is gigantic. It works for USF solely because of the two park scheme. Not to get cynical but it's just a way Universal can pretty much force a park hopper on the guest. To experience one of the attractions in this new expansion you have to have a park hopper. How brilliant is that?

USH is very small. We should be lucky we're getting a slice of Potter over here, even if by the time it arrives it'll seem a tad old hat. But that's only to theme park nerds. The GP will eat it up. The possibility of Diagon Alley is so far down the line that the possibility would require a number of things to happen and that could take literal decades. It's not worth losing sleep over. Let USF have their money-squeezing expansion. 

I mean, god forbid Universal does a Potter phase 3 where you have the option of taking Hogwarts Express to another themed area outside both parks which costs an additional charge. I wouldn't put it past them (because the Potter nuts would fork their money over in a heartbeat), and then everybody would be crying for that to be in CA too even if we GOT Diagon Alley.

Yes, but I would be instantly aware that a large part of the park would have to be demolished to make room for it. And I would be right.

They're already eating a GIGANTIC portion of the theme park property for this IP. Diagon Alley, combined with the Gringotts addition is gigantic. It works for USF solely because of the two park scheme. Not to get cynical but it's just a way Universal can pretty much force a park hopper on the guest. To experience one of the attractions in this new expansion you have to have a park hopper. How brilliant is that?

USH is very small. We should be lucky we're getting a slice of Potter over here, even if by the time it arrives it'll seem a tad old hat. But that's only to theme park nerds. The GP will eat it up. The possibility of Diagon Alley is so far down the line that the possibility would require a number of things to happen and that could take literal decades. It's not worth losing sleep over. Let USF have their money-squeezing expansion.

I mean, god forbid Universal does a Potter phase 3 where you have the option of taking Hogwarts Express to another themed area outside both parks which costs an additional charge. I wouldn't put it past them (because the Potter nuts would fork their money over in a heartbeat), and then everybody would be crying for that to be in CA too even if we GOT Diagon Alley.
I got an idea. We begin the Hogwarts Express in USH and connect it with a themed Amtrak. 3 Days later, it arrives in Florida, and BAM! Diagon Alley

Reactions: Ryan
If anything, the Hogwarts Express acts as a link between Hogsmeade and London. That is, by far, the sole reason it was included (besides easy park-to-park transportation).

As for this inside source confirmation.. I'll believe it when I see it. I rest my case.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
I heard rumors that Universal got theme park rights for Middle Earth. If that is the case it could take priority over a Potter expansion.

To be fair, when Transformers opened, there were originally no plans to bring it to Florida. But I doubt we're getting it wither. Besides, They need to make he space for something like LotR.
Actually it was proposed and on the tables, but was given a greenlight within Creative on the weekend it opened at USH just exactly two years ago.

In my opinion, bringing more Potter to UOR was really pushing the envelope. Too much of anything isn't good, and if USH were to follow UOR's footsteps and introduce Diagon Alley as well, half of our park would quite literally be a Wizarding World. There are so many other opportunities waiting to be taken and transformed into real theme park environments, and giving Potter that much control over the park wouldn't be the wisest move.

In my opinion, bringing more Potter to UOR was really pushing the envelope. Too much of anything isn't good, and if USH were to follow UOR's footsteps and introduce Diagon Alley as well, half of our park would quite literally be a Wizarding World. There are so many other opportunities waiting to be taken and transformed into real theme park environments, and giving Potter that much control over the park wouldn't be the wisest move.
I agree. We'd literally turn into "Wizarding World of Harry Potter with some other random stuff™"

I wish the internet was around in the mid 80's. I bet people would be just as dismissive about Universal expanding into the front lot.

Universal could care less about variety if it means profits at USH skyrocket.
Agree 100%. They couldn't care less about variety as long as people keep coming. You can talk all you want about what you like, but at the end money talks, and money is shouting at UOR...

J.K. Rowling has the biggest say in how Potter develops. If she doesn't like the ideas proposed, she'll surely change them.

My stance overall lies more with logic than variety. Diagon Alley announced for USH? As long as it's executed correctly, I'm not complaining.

If anything, I'd rather get an entire Skull Island land instead of Diagon Alley.

Also, if Diagon Alley came here, you'd have two Potter lands in ONE park. Then all Potter geeks will prefer to go to USH, as it would be cheaper than UOR's two park Potter configuration. Don't forget that. That park to park ticket is one of the biggest reasons UOR is happy to build it in Orlando.