The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Actauly, No. I think for the park and what it is, its a perfect amount of Rides, shows and expriences. Sure some are dated and need repairs but

they really do well. and I can even make a list:

* Wizzarding World

* Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem & SSFL 

* Jurassic Park The ride

* TransFormers The Ride

* Studio Tour  (Day & Night)

* Revenge of the Mummy

* Springfield (Due to that i'm changing opinions on The Simpsons ride)

* Water World

* and the CityWalk with the 6 Towers

You Have a lot with the resort and it doesn't have to be in the park. You have other things to do and I haven't even talked on things like the

Comedy Club in Citywalk, the Imax, and others. Its a great resort to have with a perfect balance for everyone. And it will change but really, you

have a lot of things to do in the park and CityWalk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: transfo
The list you've provided is essentially the list of attractions found in USH by 2016. None of these effectively setup a different dynamic for the park that changes the way guests go about their day like "World of Color" or "Fantasmic!" in DLR do (though I'm hoping the Nighttime Studio Tour will change that).

In my opinion, those who visit the park and those who visit CityWalk are two completely different crowds (and I think the recent shooting justifies that). Orlando's current revitalization of CityWalk shows an attempt at creating some sense of unity and balance centered around families between the two sources of entertainment, which is a sense of mind that I hope migrates to our coast.

By the way, I thought I'd add: we are, in no way, shape, or form, a resort. We very well could be on that path, but at this point in time, we still have a lot of catching up to do.

Reactions: Aaron
I've always felt there's like nothing to do at CityWalk other than eat. Howl at the Moon and Infusion are big-ish. The arcade is crap. The Comedy Club is rarely drawing crowds. I think OUR CityWalk needs a rehaul from the ground up.
It took me a minute to figure out which arcade you were talking about. I guess that says something.

No room for Flight of the Hippogriff on the left.

I'm still hoping we get Japan's improved Hogsmeade setup. Since neither of us get the Dragon Challenge coasters, I think it's all but confirmed we'll have nearly identical layouts.

So Japan is getting a lake. I can sure bet we aren't getting that lake! What will we have in its place? I hope its not Ollivanders!

*Still hoping...
The lake is incredible! Such a large space though...I wonder if they'll utilize it in any way, like with some sort of show, or something with the Giant Squid or Mermaids or the Triwizard Tournament or the Durmstrang Ship or...hmmm...lots of possibilities, even if they're just for decorations! That'd be fantastic for Japan to make the lake some sort of attraction itself!

I'm hoping our hillside will be more detailed and that they at least TRY to hide or theme the side of our Hogwarts and cliff, since we'll have such an easy way of seeing it from the tour bridge, etc...Big trees at least would be nice...

Just a theory... What if its actauly Flight of the Hippogriff on the left side instead of the right? Crazy idea but it might work...
You just LOVE throwing out random theories without any merit, don't ya bud? Haha. It's at least nice when ideas/theories are at least partially grounded in reality or have a good reasoning behind the statement.

I can confirm to you that The Flight of the Hippogriff is 100% gonna be in the right side.

A hillside and some very tall trees possibly. At least that's what i'd want to see.
I'd love to see this as well! Extra details and theming would greatly makeup for the lack of other rides like Dragon Challenge. Especially since we'll see the show building from more angles than Orlando.

No room for Flight of the Hippogriff on the left.

I'm still hoping we get Japan's improved Hogsmeade setup. Since neither of us get the Dragon Challenge coasters, I think it's all but confirmed we'll have nearly identical layouts.
Yeah, I 100% agree. Japan's improved layout would be great here. It's more efficient too, and lord knows USH needs to be more efficient!

I'm REALLY curious if there'll maybe be any other alternative entrances or exits into or out of the land besides the main entrance. I feel like USH will need extra ways in and out more than Japan and Orlando combined.

I'm REALLY curious if there'll maybe be any other alternative entrances or exits into or out of the land besides the main entrance. I feel like USH will need extra ways in and out more than Japan and Orlando combined.
I really don't see how they plan on creating multiple entrances. Orlando only has 2 (someone correct me if I'm wrong): the main entrance with the Hogsmeade arch, and the entrance to the left of Forbidden Journey leading to Jurassic Park. There's no possibility of an entryway to the left of our FJ show building since it's a dead end, and to the right of FJ is CityWalk. Unless there's a way to utilize the former Gibson Amphitheater pathway next to the WaterWorld restrooms, I don't see any other possibilities.

Right now the plans from the looks will be Hogsmeade with a Ollivenders and shops and the Three Broomsticks,

Then there is Harry Potter & The forbidden Journey but from a Model back in December shown. there is Flight of

the Hippogriff so its techically 3 attractions...

Oh, We might get some more news this week for Potter hollywood if it does happen in the Universal Parks and

Resorts Press confrence so we'll see bout that....

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now the plans from the looks will be Hogsmeade with a Ollivenders and shops and the Three Broomsticks,

Then there is Harry Potter & The forbidden Journey but from a Model back in December shown. there is Flight of

the Hippogriff so its techically 3 attractions...

Oh, We might get some more news this week for Potter hollywood if it does happen in the Universal Parks and

Resorts Press confrence so we'll see bout that....
which model?

There was a event for something back then and they had this Wizzarding World model at the event. I can't remember what

the event was for so if anyone wants, correct me on the event and what it was...