The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hollywood has more than enough room to expand. The park could be massive if the studio would allow it to.
Are you kidding? Not just massive... If we had the whole studio, that'd 450~ acres! We'd need a bullet train to get around! MK is 107, for comparison, we'd have the largest theme park city in the world!

Hollywood has more than enough room to expand. The park could be massive if the studio would allow it to.
Thats the thing. I'm talking REALISTICALLY and in the NEAR FUTURE, not in 20 years. I don't see the studio giving in that easy or so soon and giving up studio land for more theme park space. I'd MAYBE see Falls Lake and WotW become theme park space, but not anytime soon.

Diagon Alley looks UNBELIEVABLE. I cried looking at all the pictures and videos from the preview today. I'd kinda want it here as a selfish Potter fan. But thinking realistically, even if it would bring a lot of money, I don't see it coming anytime soon.

But hey, if I'm proven wrong, that'd be kinda fun I guess.

This argument again, eh?

At this moment it's not in the plans. However the phrase I'd use is "never say never". But right now? No. It's not happening and don't count on waiting for it. Buy your ticket to Orlando since the accommodations USH would have to make to have Diagon Alley would take years and years and years.

You could work a minimum wage job and by the time USH could possibly recieve it you would have been able to afford that USO trip long ago. Heck, you could afford a trip to JAPAN if you wanted. Don't wait up.

So! On a different note, Flight of the Hippogriff will be nowhere near Shrek. The frame of another cottage-like structure has been erected directly next to Shrek, meaning FotH will be further down the path. I'm assuming the would've-been entrance to the Dragon Challenge will be adjacent to Shrek.

Hippogriff will go behind Shrek and closer to Waterworld.  In the photos, its kind of the blank area of dirt which sits today.

If I were to guess and "assume" where a Diagon Alley could go at USH.... I would say Prop Plaza and Tram Loading of Area 2.  Build Gringotts into the hillside similar to BTTF and lay a huge slab of concrete similar to the Frankenstein Parking Lot to level the ground.  Hey, its been done before!!!

Imagine if we had the complete Harry Potter experience in only one park!  Nuts!  But I agree, this more than likely will never happen.  USH is bound to always get the short end of the stick.

Lets rebuild our main gate entrance first to accommodate all the chaos WWoHP will bring in 2 years!

Reactions: William
Hippogriff will go behind Shrek and closer to Waterworld.  In the photos, its kind of the blank area of dirt which sits today.

If I were to guess and "assume" where a Diagon Alley could go at USH.... I would say Prop Plaza and Tram Loading of Area 2.  Build Gringotts into the hillside similar to BTTF and lay a huge slab of concrete similar to the Frankenstein Parking Lot to level the ground.  Hey, its been done before!!!

Imagine if we had the complete Harry Potter experience in only one park!  Nuts!  But I agree, this more than likely will never happen.  USH is bound to always get the short end of the stick.

Lets rebuild our main gate entrance first to accommodate all the chaos WWoHP will bring in 2 years!
Yep, the front gate is in need of an overhaul. What did you have in mind Chris? On that topic, and I know Florida has this too, but I would really like Uni P&R to change the font of the parks to the Universal logo (Century Gothic.) Hate that "movie" font. Then again I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who cares about that :p

Yea I'm thinking by Next year after Halloween Horror nights; Expect walls up around the Hub area of the entrance a  I don't believe that Universal would keep that once Potter opens...

Alan Gilmore stated, while at the Diagon Alley Preview this week, that each Hogsmeade (Florida, Hollywood, Japan) will have a different "flavor." He should be headed to USH any day now.

Were getting The Great Hall and probably the Flight Of The Hippogriff is gonna be a bit bigger then Japan's & Orlando's version .

Did you see the 'Next year'..jk but I was going to put in instead of 'Next year' 2015 as that would be more fitting..
You said "next year after HHN". That puts your timeline in Winter 2015. Wizarding World opens about 6 months after that. Not gonna happen....Universal would've already announced if they were planning on redoing the entrance. They have enough projects on their plate for 2015 and beyond at the moment. They can redo the entrance at a later time in the future. While not perfect, it's fine as is for now...
Were getting The Great Hall and probably the Flight Of The Hippogriff is gonna be a bit bigger then Japan's & Orlando's version .
The only suggestion/proof that I've PERSONALLY seen that there MIGHT be a Great Hall is that in a survey about the Wizarding World for USH, one of the proposed experiences it asked about was what we'd think of an up-charged experience of getting sorted by the Sorting Hat into one of the Hogwarts houses. And any Potter fan knows that happens in the great hall.With that said, I haven't seen the Great Hall on any plans, and to properly build it, the Great Hall would have to be MASSIVE. Bigger than most of the queue to Forbidden Journey even! And I don't see us having ANY space for a proper Great Hall, unless we magically get more space than I expected. So, I'm putting this out there; No Great Hall.

Prove me wrong if you'd like, I'd love to be wrong! But we aren't getting it. If we do, and also have it connect to CityWalk, that'd be fun!

As for a larger Hippogriff coaster, that'd be nice I guess, but again, SPACE. We have LESS room than Orlando and Japan. Let's first actually SEE what Japan's Hippogriff even LOOKS like before we start spreading rumors as facts....that'd be lovely. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: transfo
I'm going to bring this up as Japan is having it and i'm dropping the HogwartsExpress but if it happens, it happens but, Do you all think that if its not going to come, we're getting the

walkthrough from Japans Hogwarts.. I'm wondering as i've stopped bout that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to bring this up as Japan is having it and i'm dropping the HogwartsExpress but if it happens, it happens but, Do you all think that if its not going to come, we're getting the walkthrough from

Japans Hogwarts.. I'm wondering as i've stopped bout that.
Ok, uh, I understood practically none of that...lol.

But, we ARE getting an identical Hogwarts castle walk through queue. I'm assuming it'll be identical to Japan and Orlando.......