Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

Ah, the media. Everything in a theme park is a roller coaster, my favorite.

I wonder how many people will stare at Hippogriff in disbelief. "So is there something I'm missing here...?"

Hey friends!!! I really need your help! I'm planning on visiting the park this Monday, March 7th to show my friend the Wizarding world.... What are the chances for softs happening that day?? Are there any private previews planned that I don't know about? What do you guys think?

Thanks

Don't know if it will be open on Monday. There is a special event that I am going to at 5 PM on Monday and based off of what we know, they might have it closed the whole day.. :( Sorry

Don't know if it will be open on Monday. There is a special event that I am going to at 5 PM on Monday and based off of what we know, they might have it closed the whole day.. :( Sorry

What about the next two weekends (3/5-6 and 3/12/13)?

Are there any planned activities that would close WWOHP for general visitors on those dates?

Been checking [HASHTAG]#potterwatch[/HASHTAG] , but it seems like some days no one is posting, or on other days nothing is posted until past noon.

Are there any planned activities that would close WWOHP for general visitors on those dates?

Been checking [HASHTAG]#potterwatch[/HASHTAG] , but it seems like some days no one is posting, or on other days nothing is posted until past noon.

Don't expect it to be open this Saturday, however nothing seems to point to Sunday being not likely, I think this Sunday is your best bet. The weekend after should be soft opening as well. 

Don't expect it to be open this Saturday, however nothing seems to point to Sunday being not likely, I think this Sunday is your best bet. The weekend after should be soft opening as well. 

Thanks for the info!  Sunday looks like it will be raining, so it might be less crowded. We'll look into the following weekend as well.

Are there events planned for all of next week? Or just some of the days?

Pretty much all of next week, but check on Inside Universal Twitter and [HASHTAG]#potterwatch[/HASHTAG]. Maybe Tuesday or Friday? But don't count on that. There is probably an event going, just I don't know about it. Good luck. 

I've been told that all of next week there will be no softs. After that, they plan on only having it open the last three hours of the park being open until April 7.

what about annual passholder previews? they're supposed to start after march 7?

^Even weekends?

Yeah I'm pretty sure ALL of next week. That's what an employee told me from a meeting he went to. He told me that was a "guarantee."

what about annual passholder previews? they're supposed to start after march 7?

That's mainly why you won't see any softs. If you really want to see Potter again and can't make it to previews, you'll have to wait a week and a half to see it. After that, it should be similar to the first soft where it opened the last three hours. So yeah, don't go next week unless you don't mind missing Potter.

Oh, by the way, I heard the Quittich goggles finally came in during EP. Did the domes seem improved with them on? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I'm pretty sure ALL of next week. That's what an employee told me from a meeting he went to. He told me that was a "guarantee."

That's mainly why you won't see any softs. If you really want to see Potter again and can't make it to previews, you'll have to wait a week and a half to see it. After that, it should be similar to the first soft where it opened the last three hours. So yeah, don't go next week unless you don't mind missing Potter.

Oh, by the way, I heard the Quittich goggles finally came in during EP. Did the domes seem improved with them on? 

how do passholder previews work? anybody with a pass can get in? do you need to pre-register?  

also, are seasonal and costco passes considered annual passes?

We're going to get an email invite after March 6 with instructions.  My guess is you'll have to register online and bring your printed ticket.  If you have an annual pass through Costco or anywhere you need to make sure you connect your member ID number with your email address.  I attended the Special Events Stuntshow Passholder Preview and that was how they handled it then.  I assume it'll be the same with Hogsmeade, except we'll get more options for dates and times to register.

Last edited by a moderator: