Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wok Experience

Universal states "Select Nights" but I believe it's mostly Fridays & Saturdays. It's probably best to call 407-503-3463 (DINE) though for 100% confirmation.

I want to try this! I should make a res for when I'm there later this month. Not that you ever need one for Islands Dining Room, but more as a reminder to myself to eat there. :lol:

I stayed at RPR three weeks ago Thursday though Sunday. They had the wok experience going on every night we were there. We ate at Islands on Thursday and my whole family did the wok experience. It was very good plus on Thursday you also get characters that come in too. We had Scooby and Shaggy come to our table and the kids loved it. Great character interaction that didn't cost extra and I would rate higher than almost all the Disney character dinners that I've been to (I think I've been to almost all of them too). Not that Disney doesn't do a good job but the cost of them, the rushed feeling I get when we eat there, planning six months in advanced, and the quality of there food make the experience less enjoyable. Scooby sat down at our table while Shaggy told stories and jokes it was great. My kids are 3 and 5 so they don't really know Scooby Do that well, but because of the way the characters took there time and made them laugh they now want to watch Scooby Do. But definitely eat there it was the best dining experience, out of many great ones, that we had the whole trip. Pack your appetite though.

Ahhhh... so this isn't the same as the west coast franchise which is cheap fast food.

Yep full on fresh food cooked right in front of you. Best way to describe it would be like picturing the omelette station at the buffet but instead of creating omelettes they are making woks