The WWE Thread | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

The WWE Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Officially headed to Summerslam. Really excited. My first PPV since Summerslam 97, which was my first wrestling event ever. Hoping its main evented by Rollins/Reigns for the title. My fear is that it'll be Reigns/Cena though. I think WWE has big plans for the event since Mania was really lackluster this year.

To top it all off, 2 days later on Tuesday night I'll headed to Orlando! Gonna be a hell of a week.

Officially headed to Summerslam. Really excited. My first PPV since Summerslam 97, which was my first wrestling event ever. Hoping its main evented by Rollins/Reigns for the title. My fear is that it'll be Reigns/Cena though. I think WWE has big plans for the event since Mania was really lackluster this year.

To top it all off, 2 days later on Tuesday night I'll headed to Orlando! Gonna be a hell of a week.
From what I heard Rollins is not expected to immediately be in the title picture. I really hope your fear won't realize and they keep Cena out of the title picture for good.

From what I heard Rollins is not expected to immediately be in the title picture. I really hope your fear won't realize and they keep Cena out of the title picture for good.

I could see Rollins winning the MITB again and have that hover over the main event. Cause if it is Reigns/Cena, it'll just be a repeat of the Mania main event with the crowd chanting random stuff and not caring about the match.

MITB should be an interesting event. I can see either Owens/Rollins/Ambrose/Zayn leaving with the briefcase.

I could see Rollins winning the MITB again and have that hover over the main event. Cause if it is Reigns/Cena, it'll just be a repeat of the Mania main event with the crowd chanting random stuff and not caring about the match.

MITB should be an interesting event. I can see either Owens/Rollins/Ambrose/Zayn leaving with the briefcase.
Rollins winning MITB again, hadn't even thought of that yet ... that would be great, would create a great suspense as to whether or not history will repeat itself. Will also be interesting, because with the Authority gone, we will have a different kind of Rollins.

Hopefully Bray Wyatt will be better used when he returns as well. And we still have Finn Balor's debut top look forward to ...

Was at RAW last night in Greensboro. It was definitely fun to be there and experience it all. I will say that the boo's are incredibly loud for Reigns. Also, I'm seeing reports that V-mac is done pushing Roman.

The Shining Star tag team gimmick is about as dumb, if not dumber than los matadores. The reason you may not have heard a reaction on tv is because there was no reaction to them in the arena.

Also, Vaudevillians need help. So much apathy from the crowd. I don't even care about them.

Was pretty cool to see Jericho, Flair, and Shane. We went nuts both times Shane hit the floor.

All in all, lackluster show but definitely a great first experience!

Was at RAW last night in Greensboro. It was definitely fun to be there and experience it all. I will say that the boo's are incredibly loud for Reigns. Also, I'm seeing reports that V-mac is done pushing Roman.

The Shining Star tag team gimmick is about as dumb, if not dumber than los matadores. The reason you may not have heard a reaction on tv is because there was no reaction to them in the arena.

Also, Vaudevillians need help. So much apathy from the crowd. I don't even care about them.

Was pretty cool to see Jericho, Flair, and Shane. We went nuts both times Shane hit the floor.

All in all, lackluster show but definitely a great first experience!

The Shining Stars experiment won't last long. They were up against some no name jobbers because there's really no other teams that should be losing to them. Primo and Epico have no business beating any of New Day/Vaudevillians/Enzo and Cass/Usos/Bullet Club/Dudleys. They'll be jobbing regularly by July

Vince will die before he stops pushing Roman. They've come this far with him. He got the Mania moment they wanted him to have last year so now we'll have to sit through a title run until at least Summerslam. He's so much better as a tweener/heel so hopefully a full fledged turn is coming soon. I've said it before but a face Rollins vs a heel Reigns is $$$$

The Shining Stars experiment won't last long. They were up against some no name jobbers because there's really no other teams that should be losing to them. Primo and Epico have no business beating any of New Day/Vaudevillians/Enzo and Cass/Usos/Bullet Club/Dudleys. They'll be jobbing regularly by July

Vince will die before he stops pushing Roman. They've come this far with him. He got the Mania moment they wanted him to have last year so now we'll have to sit through a title run until at least Summerslam. He's so much better as a tweener/heel so hopefully a full fledged turn is coming soon. I've said it before but a face Rollins vs a heel Reigns is $$$$

I agree and I genuinely hope that they're done for. The only redeeming quality of that act is if they bring Carlito back with them but I can't even remember if he was a good wrestler or not.

I'd love to see ReignsvRollins. Honestly, the work I saw out of Reigns last night was better than I've seen in a while. His promo seemed to the point and he didn't have much trouble. He played well to the crowd and even gave a little boy a high five...I like how he's drawing the line. I can see him running through summerslam with the title but not any longer after.

Shining Stars were awful indeed, why is it that just because they are latino they must have a latino gimmick? The Los Matadores gimmick I liked though, though it was used very badly, had it been used more serious it could have been much better.

Y'all's predictions for tonight?

Mine are: Ambrose, Miz, Ziggler, Vaudevillians, Charlotte, Bullet Club, Rusev, and Reigns with the Club turning on AJ

Club already won....so I'll go

Rusev
Ambrose
Vaudevillians
Charlotte
Cesaro
Reigns (due to some kind of outside interference)

Hoping tonight is the blowoff to Reigns/Styles and we see some kind of resolution to where this Club thing is going

Ugh I really hope they save Rollins/Reigns for Summerslam and not waste it at MITB (and have Rollins fed to Reigns).

Reigns right now is more ridiculous than Super Cena. Kicked out of 2 Styles Clashes and one Spear finishes it. Cena usually needs 2 AAs.

Reactions: anihilnation
Lol ... Reigns win was a little silly, other than that I liked the event a lot. Rollins returning was perfect, at first I thought, great another Lol Reigns Wins, then out came Rollins and put a smile on my face. I still think they should have had Rollins come in and cost Reigns the match, then on RAW AJ comes out with the Club to talk about his victory, then out comes Rollins, blah blah blah, then the Club turns on AJ and are now in Rollins' pocket. Also, don't think I have ever heard so many boos etc. lol

Ugh I really hope they save Rollins/Reigns for Summerslam and not waste it at MITB (and have Rollins fed to Reigns).

Reigns right now is more ridiculous than Super Cena. Kicked out of 2 Styles Clashes and one Spear finishes it. Cena usually needs 2 AAs.

Keep in mind, AJ took 2 Superman Punches and 2 Spears (one on the outside); not to mention the 2 table spots and Reigns tossing him around like a rag doll. At first I cringed, but after thinking about the finish.... it made sense.

Keep in mind, AJ took 2 Superman Punches and 2 Spears (one on the outside); not to mention the 2 table spots and Reigns tossing him around like a rag doll. At first I cringed, but after thinking about the finish.... it made sense.
Good point, both had really taken a huge beating.

I might wanna get that new Rollins shirt, but I hate the material of WWE shirts. Last one I got was the Daniel Bryan Yes shirt from right before WrestleMania 30. Anyone buy a shirt from them recently? Have they finally gone away from the super heavy and uncomfortable shirts?