The WWE Thread | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

The WWE Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'll watch it but there aren't many matches I'm looking forward to tonight.

I just really hope that Roman Reigns doesn't retire Undertaker. Undertaker looks old/mortal now, but if Roman is the one to retire him...ughhhhhh:angry:

Reactions: anihilnation
I really wish they would give up on pushing Reigns to the top the fans don't care about him but Vince has made up his mind and we have to suffer for it.

I'll watch it but there aren't many matches I'm looking forward to tonight.

I just really hope that Roman Reigns doesn't retire Undertaker. Undertaker looks old/mortal now, but if Roman is the one to retire him...ughhhhhh:angry:

Taker can't go another year, though. Maybe Strowman should have been the one to retire him. A monster heel on his way up. However, if Reigns go full-blown heel, it would make sense to have him go over.

As I said earlier, I want Cena to lose or go heel. I cannot stand him anymore.

Insiders have stated plenty of times WWE really don't want Cena to go heel, there is a 50/50 chance of Cena losing tonight, Miz seems to be having a push again, they brought Maryse back to work with him so he could come out of this on top.

Reactions: USO92
I couldn't go, as the lady got laid off just as I was putting together plans. I hope all my OU people are having an excellent time.

Insiders have stated plenty of times WWE really don't want Cena to go heel, there is a 50/50 chance of Cena losing tonight, Miz seems to be having a push again, they brought Maryse back to work with him so he could come out of this on top.

If Cena doesn't win and propose to Nikki tonight I'd be shocked.

Taker can't go another year, though. Maybe Strowman should have been the one to retire him. A monster heel on his way up. However, if Reigns go full-blown heel, it would make sense to have him go over.

As I said earlier, I want Cena to lose or go heel. I cannot stand him anymore.

Cena's put on quality matches and he's not "CENA WINZ LOL" anymore. That honor goes to Reigns now.

My picks:

Neville over Austin Aries (Needs to build up that reign before losing.)
BRAUNNNN wins 2017 André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal Battle Royal
Bray over Orton
Brock over Goldberg (Way to go, Goldberg for ruining it)
Reigns over Taker (Reigns needs to stop being tweener here and dispresect Taker after winning)
Rollins over HHH (Balor helps when Samoa Joe interferes)
Styles over Shane
Bayley retains Raw Women's
Naomi wins SD Women's
Corbin over Ambrose
Jericho over KO ( I see a "Retirement" rematch coming at Payback which KO wins)
Miz/Maryse over Cena/Bella (Cena's leaving, and the "win" for them is the proposal. Miz needs the rub more now as he's on fire)
Club Retains (cuz HARDYS)

Cena's put on quality matches and he's not "CENA WINZ LOL" anymore. That honor goes to Reigns now.

My picks:

Bray over Orton
Reigns over Taker (Reigns needs to stop being tweener here and dispresect Taker after winning)
Styles over Shane
Naomi wins SD Women's
Corbin over Ambrose
Miz/Maryse over Cena/Bella (Cena's leaving, and the "win" for them is the proposal. Miz needs the rub more now as he's on fire)

Austin Aries
Braun
Orton, although I'd love it to be Bray
Lesnar
Taker - heel turn from Reigns after?
Rollins
Styles
Bayley
Lynch
Corbin
Jericho
MnM 2.0
Club

My picks:

Bray over Orton
Styles over Shane
Naomi wins SD Women's
Corbin over Ambrose
I think Jericho is taking some time off after WM, so most likely KO will win, if he is not taking a leave yet, then your scenario would be cool.
As for the rest, I think so too. Some thoughts:
I wonder if Styles vs Shane will escalate into something weird so that Shane can climb some structure. Maybe the referee gets knocked out?
I am worried over Rollins/HHH might not live up to its potential due to Rollins' knee problem.
Reigns/Taker ... don't think it will be good, heard Taker is in bad shape and in a lot of pain.
Brock/Goldberg, supposedly will be short but not quite as short as before. Goldberg does not have an extended contract (unless it is hushed up) and Lesnar does ... let's just hope they don't put this on last ...

I think Jericho is taking some time off after WM, so most likely KO will win, if he is not taking a leave yet, then your scenario would be cool.
As for the rest, I think so too. Some thoughts:
I wonder if Styles vs Shane will escalate into something weird so that Shane can climb some structure. Maybe the referee gets knocked out?
I am worried over Rollins/HHH might not live up to its potential due to Rollins' knee problem.
Reigns/Taker ... don't think it will be good, heard Taker is in bad shape and in a lot of pain.
Brock/Goldberg, supposedly will be short but not quite as short as before. Goldberg does not have an extended contract (unless it is hushed up) and Lesnar does ... let's just hope they don't put this on last ...

Jericho apparently is leaving after Payback, which is why I think it plays out that way. If it's right after tonight, then yes I agree it goes to KO

Yes Jericho is def leaving soon as his band has a tour lined up, he will prob be back after they have finished up the tour, I am wondering if the Rollins knee problem is more of a work than anything, WWE does love to spin things one way or another, Shane has to fall off something very high, it's what he does lol and can anyone see the Hardy's appearing in some capacity, it looks like the ROH run is done so you never know. And I believe this is pretty much one of the last appearances Goldberg has in his contract and he didn't want to renew it further, so after the quick wins he had over Brock we will prob see a spear then a couple of F5's and then done.

Yes Jericho is def leaving soon as his band has a tour lined up, he will prob be back after they have finished up the tour, I am wondering if the Rollins knee problem is more of a work than anything, WWE does love to spin things one way or another, Shane has to fall off something very high, it's what he does lol and can anyone see the Hardy's appearing in some capacity, it looks like the ROH run is done so you never know. And I believe this is pretty much one of the last appearances Goldberg has in his contract and he didn't want to renew it further, so after the quick wins he had over Brock we will prob see a spear then a couple of F5's and then done.
Yes, it is hard to see through the smoke screens of real and kayfabe, still, knee ligament tears are some of the most serious injuries and often never fully heal.
Forgot about the Hardy's, indeed it would be nice for them to show up.

NXT was solid. I almost don't want to see teams like The Revival and DIY go up because they consistently put on great matches. They've been able to get great matches with AOP who are still pretty green. Hope the guys in the triple threat ladder match were watching and aim to 1-up them. Sounds like the Hardys and Young Bucks had a crazy ladder match last night too. High hopes for that match.

As for Mania, no really marquee matches that are must see, besides HHH and Rollins. But hopefully the show delivers in a way WM31 did where the buildup wasn't great but the show was great. AJ and Shane will have some kind of shenanigans to it and I think Jericho and KO will be the best match of the night.

My picks:

Bray over Orton
Styles over Shane
Naomi wins SD Women's
Corbin over Ambrose

Surprisingly enough, my list is very much the same, except for guessing Cass/Amore win the Raw titles.
I'm hoping with all hope that Wyatt wins. He needs it.
I'm really hoping the Hardy's show up to. I'd mark out on levels proportionate to when Sting showed up.