Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The WWE Thread

Well, so far I'm 1-1 with my predictions.

SHOCKED that they had Show and Strowman leave so early. Even more shocked that the last two were Rawley and Mahal, let alone Rawley winning.

Only reason I can think of having Strowman lose that would be to have him interfere with Reigns/Taker.

having not watched it yet, as its silly oclock in the UK and i am just up for work it appears there is a surprise at the tag team match, because wwe have posted it all over FB, thanks WWE for the spoilers.

The latter half of the card was a mess. Undertaker/Reigns was just sad to watch. Taker really looked horrible and had quite a few botches in that match. It wasn't good. He probably should have retired after losing to Lesnar at WM 30.

Still feels like a piece of my childhood dying.

Only watched until Orton/Wyatt, the show was not as bad as expected, though I still did not like it much, as most appeared quite lifeless. I just hope that there is a continued program with Orton and Wyatt, as otherwise it would be a real shame they already take hit title away. I found it sad also that this was not the main event, which was one of the reasons I just decided to go top bed afterwards.

I thought it was one of their better Manias in the modern era. It wasn't perfect, but in reality - no Mania is; and being there in person was just absolutely incredible. It felt big. We may not have gotten alternative matches (I'd would have rather see AJ vs anyone) but they damn sure made an effort to make each match feel like a spectacle; save for the SD Women's.

The only real blemish was Orton vs Wyatt. That match should have been great, but we got a traditional Orton match and it was a snoozefest.

As far as outcome, I feel Miz should have gotten the win because the loss may hurt him. I guess we'll see come SD how they handle it.

I wish Bayley won the title there, instead of the crap they pulled for Fastlane. It would have felt a lot bigger.

Reigns acted like a heel in the match, but didn't really cement it. We'll see tonight? Either way, the crowd was not having it. It was boos when he came out, and quiet during Reign's offense - which is sad since it was Taker's curtain call. The match itself was fine from storytelling purposes, but the rejection of Reigns continues and I find it hard to believe that WWE think it's boos because of his "character".

Leave it to modern day WWE to botch the Undertakers retirement. No doubt in my mind had it been Cena, he would have gotten a better match and had the whole crowd invested. Instead, another failed attempt at making Roman look strong.

Rest of the show was good. AJ Styles to the surprise of no one, gets a great match out of Shane McMahon. Jericho and Owens was good. Hardys coming back was amazing. As wrestling fans, we endure a lot of stupid nonsense, but moments like that make it worth it. Triple H and Rollins was good too. Glad Seth was able to do the match without having to rely on outside interference and shenanigans

Leave it to modern day WWE to botch the Undertakers retirement. No doubt in my mind had it been Cena, he would have gotten a better match and had the whole crowd invested. Instead, another failed attempt at making Roman look strong.

I disagree 100%. Undertaker is broken. I don't even think AJ could have given Taker all the help he could. Also keep in mind, the Undertaker has every say he wants in his WM opponent. He could have said no to Reigns.

I disagree 100%. Undertaker is broken. I don't even think AJ could have given Taker all the help he could. Also keep in mind, the Undertaker has every say he wants in his WM opponent. He could have said no to Reigns.

He reportedly asked for Cena and Vince said no. Which would explain the whole showing up on SD and saying it's his home then never appearing again and showing up on Raw.

I would even go so far as to say that they shouldn't have had Undertaker in the Royal Rumble. Should have protected him until Wrestlemania. Even to the point of avoiding very much contact with Reigns. The only bad thing about Reigns/Taker build-up was that it felt rushed. However, I don't know what else they could have done. AJ and Cena didn't need any push. Reigns should become a heel. I've watched Undertaker for a long time (I remember when he first came to the WWE and remember him even as Mean Mark from WCW (or whatever it was called). Just a class performer in all ways.

I would even go so far as to say that they shouldn't have had Undertaker in the Royal Rumble. Should have protected him until Wrestlemania. Even to the point of avoiding very much contact with Reigns. The only bad thing about Reigns/Taker build-up was that it felt rushed. However, I don't know what else they could have done. AJ and Cena didn't need any push. Reigns should become a heel. I've watched Undertaker for a long time (I remember when he first came to the WWE and remember him even as Mean Mark from WCW (or whatever it was called). Just a class performer in all ways.
Some vintage stuff:

I thought it was pretty fantastically awful.
Had it stayed in the house it could've been better, something akin to a Boiler Room match, but instead the house really served no real purpose, then, the matched served no purpose either. Only thing that will come from the match is more intensity to the feud between Orton and Mahal. I often wonder why a company with so much money behind them, often resorts to such sloppy stuff. Of course, I am partial because I am a huge Wyatt fan, but I think they have such a great (more or less) original character and they constantly mess things up. Apparently his next feud will be Ambrose instead of Balor, that might be good, though it has been done before. I also think that if they want to use a specialty match for Wyatt again, they should use an Inferno match again, just like at his first PPV.

I actually was surprised Roman took a clean pin yesterday.

I'm not but you're right - it's still "LOL ROMAN" - but he had "broken ribs, separated shoulder, etc", he needed to go down with a fight. Anything else, and it may have been the end of Roman's chances with fans and WWE. They are at the edge of falling off.