Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

The hotel towers are well taller than the parking garage. They aren't hiding a 400" Ferris Wheel and a 420" Star Flyer.

Plus, once the second campus opens - pretty much on I-Drive - I think Universal is going to want people to know about it. If anything, Universal doesn't want people to see the ugly view and neighbors that surround them.

Best thing to happen would be that those ugly neighbors upgrade their store fronts to beautify the area a bit. Or Comcast can just buy them and bulldoze lol

Best thing to happen would be that those ugly neighbors upgrade their store fronts to beautify the area a bit. Or Comcast can just buy them and bulldoze lol
I think forcing many of these places to sell by running them out of business is a big part of what Universal hopes to accomplish with these hotels.

I think forcing many of these places to sell by running them out of business is a big part of what Universal hopes to accomplish with these hotels.

Exactly. Making them bankrupt where they are forced to sell to Universal and then Universal can create smaller value hotels if they are able to acquire enough land and make this the "value area" of the resort.

I really, really like the design choices here. I know some are disappointed it's another beachy theme, but I think these will instantly be the nicest looking resorts in that area.
It's beachy but not Cabanna Bay beachy...I get some Florida beach vibes from this rather than Cabanna Bay that gives me more 50s vibes...I think it will blend in nicely with the rest of the area...I also think a hyper whimsical hotel will probably go near the new park site

It's beachy but not Cabanna Bay beachy...I get some Florida beach vibes from this rather than Cabanna Bay that gives me more 50s vibes...I think it will blend in nicely with the rest of the area...I also think a hyper whimsical hotel will probably go near the new park site
Cabana Bay reminds me of the 50's. This hotel reminds me of Paradise Pier Hotel at Disneyland as far as theme.

That looks like the beginning of the parking garage.
The garage is the usual suspect built first in all of Universal's new hotel builds. Cabana Bay may be the exception, but it only had one 2 story garage upon opening. Sapphire, Aventura and these hotels have much more garage space.