Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For that price, Universal will make all kinds of people who would never spend the money to stay on-site their guests. Wouldn't be surprised to see Disney drop their value resort prices between this and all the new rooms they are opening.
Nah, Disney will keep on Disneying.

They'll continue to raise prices and just discount when needed.

There is a few interesting parcels of land along the east side of Universal Blvd north of Sand Lake Road that were supposed to be two new hotels but arent yet. Makes me wonder if those owners are waiting since everyone can clearly see Universal outselling them...may as well bank for it ..
Yeah, I think it's difficult to understate how big an impact these new hotels will have on those properties. At this point just get the value of the land back through a sale instead of building properties that can't compete.

I said it earlier but you really can almost draw a line between those new hotels and the 2nd resort land just crossing budget hotels.

It's going to be tough for those to survive. And for Universal this opens a buying opportunity.

Yeah, I think it's difficult to understate how big an impact these new hotels will have on those properties. At this point just get the value of the land back through a sale instead of building properties that can't compete.

I said it earlier but you really can almost draw a line between those new hotels and the 2nd resort land just crossing budget hotels.

It's going to be tough for those to survive. And for Universal this opens a buying opportunity.
I agree. Not to mention the vale of this resort more than anything with ACTUAL Universal transit as opposed to third party partnered hotel transit. Not that there is anything wrong but you give me a Uni resort, a grand Uni resort at the same price over a Best Western or Jim Smith's Inn, those small lodging places are doomed. Marriott's sub brands will be okay though. I really hope Universal can get some more property around that area on Lakehurst.

The Kicker is, the new grandiose resorts that will come on the south property are going to compete with likes of Peabody Tower, Rosen Towers, and former W Tower in style, amenities, and views. Universal building a resort catering to the convention crowd with Universal Flare and perks will STAY FULL year round.

Reactions: zg44 and Mad Dog

Anecdotal evidence, but friends in the area say all those hotels and businesses have really struggled since WNW closed. Universal might just be putting the final nail in the coffin

I think @ReelJustice makes a great point about universal missing it’s own transportation to and from the airport as Orlando is a nightmare to get about without a car hire.

The way my next trip is working, it’s looking like I’ll be doing 6 days at Universal first then 9 days at Disney and I think I’d rather pay the parking for the convenance of not having to get a taxi from MCO and then get a car hire later.

I wonder how these prices will change when they come to the UK. CBBR often works out about $70 a night as part of a package.

I always pick up or drop off my car at four points sheraton on I drive then walk back to UNI or pick up car across the bridge, Use UBER from or to MCO.

Sorry to double post, hit reply instead of quote on the first one.

Yes. I was just checking out Disney hotel rates since they sent me a discount code. I haven't stayed there since 2015, though I've visited their parks while staying at Universal's way better priced resorts. Wow, I got sticker shock looking at the present Disney rates. Their moderates, that aren't really that special (they're equal or less than Universal Values in amenities & room decor ), were more than I pay for a deluxe resort Portofino with Express. Tremendous increases from just a couple of years ago. Guess I'll continue staying at Universal for the whole vacations and just do a day trip or a few to WDW, if any.

Find a Boardwalk DVC Owner and stay in a “slower” season and rent points @ $16/pt- will be $160/night for a standard view at boardwalk. Or worst case find an OKW/SSR Owner and pay $14/pt for an animal kingdom standard view at $140/night.

Outside of that- most are way overpriced. I’m so happy I bought into DVC when I did several years ago. Couldn’t fathom staying at Disney otherwise with their current rates.

Willing to rent DVC points in exchange for UNI nights ;):D

Reactions: Andysol
Will the 2 hotels each cater to a different public? The one with the female part pool could be an adult only hotel or even a nudist resort.
At less than $100 per night these will be family and group all the time. I'll be over at RPR - thanks

I think you're going to see 3/4 star properties hurt the most - Four Points, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, etc. Those are the ones competing with Universal at the price point. If they adapt and drop prices $20-30 a night, then they're going to drive the small motels out of business. It's going to be interesting to see how these hotels adapt.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Is it "starting less than 100 dollars a night" or is it "less than 100 dollars a night.?" Because Cabana Bay starts at less than 100 dollars a night depending on time of year. Makes me wonder if the prices of the other hotels are going to go up.

Reactions: fryoj
Is it "starting less than 100 dollars a night" or is it "less than 100 dollars a night.?" Because Cabana Bay starts at less than 100 dollars a night depending on time of year. Makes me wonder if the prices of the other hotels are going to go up.
Starting, there will be suites in the buildings as well. Yes, just saw the ad for APs that can get a suite for $99 from 11/12 into December at CBBR. I think other hotels will be going up, when you are consistently at 90% occupancy you can do that.

With nothing of any value coming over the next year, I think the hotels will stay at the same price. When more Potter and Nintendo comes I think they will up the price as demand will be crazy.

I also think the new WnW hotels are cheap enough to entice people who never dreamed of staying at a resort hotel and once they do, it will probably encourage them to try the other hotels available.

Reactions: JoeCamel
With nothing of any value coming over the next year, I think the hotels will stay at the same price. When more Potter and Nintendo comes I think they will up the price as demand will be crazy.

I also think the new WnW hotels are cheap enough to entice people who never dreamed of staying at a resort hotel and once they do, it will probably encourage them to try the other hotels available.
Perhaps it may even be an attractor for people on business trips..It's not that far from the convention center and some other important areas

Many of us thought they would jack up the CBBR prices when they opened Volcano Bay next door. They didn't. Looks like Universal/Comcast is doing something few corporations do in this day and age, namely they're looking at a long term business strategy :thumbsup: rather than short term gains. And that's really good for us, the theme park consumer.

I think price raise for Cabana is inevitable. But it will be way, way down the line, when There are more hotels opened than what has been announced and more parks.

Press Release is available on their website (finally) as follows:

Universal Orlando and Loews Hotels & Co. to Offer Options for Every Budget with Addition of Two New Hotels

Two new Universal Orlando Resort hotels will be high-quality, high-value and include destination-wide benefits at an unbeatable price

Orlando, Fla. (Nov. 6, 2017) – Universal Orlando Resort will soon offer two high-quality, high-value hotel options for families looking for theme park thrills, exclusive benefits and a seamless Universal Orlando Resort experience – starting at less than $100 per night.

Set to begin opening in the summer of 2019, the hotels will feature a combined 2,800 guest rooms, including 1,450 two-bedroom suites designed to accommodate families of all sizes. Both options will be value-driven, with nightly rates starting below Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort and Universal’s Aventura Hotel.

Guests will enjoy a seamless and convenient Universal Orlando experience with Early Park Admission to Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure or Universal’s Volcano Bay, complimentary transportation across the destination and resort-wide charging privileges.

The 750-room and 2,050-room hotels will be located just minutes away from Universal Orlando’s three theme parks and Universal CityWalk’s dining and entertainment options. Amenities will include a combined three pools, two food courts offering breakfast, lunch, dinner and nearby coffee bars, plus poolside bars, fitness rooms, car rental facilities and more.

Brought to life by the same Universal Creative team behind the incredibly-themed Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Loews Sapphire Falls Resort and Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort, these all-new options will be destinations unto themselves. Guests will enjoy the sun, surf and sand with a laid-back coastal feel. Towering exterior murals with vibrant and natural colors will set a free-spirited and beachy tone, inviting guests to hang loose throughout their stay.

The hotels will be built on a 64-acre site at the intersection of Universal Blvd. and International Drive, and become the destination’s seventh and eighth hotels. This continues the unprecedented growth ongoing at Universal Orlando Resort. The new hotels will bring the total number of guest rooms at the destination to 9,000 when combined with the 600-room Universal’s Aventura Hotel opening in August 2018.

Reservations will be accepted in early 2018.

01_Universal Orlando Resort All-New Hotels--low res.jpg

02_Universal Orlando Resort All-New Hotels lowres.jpg

Press Release is available on their website (finally) as follows:

Universal Orlando and Loews Hotels & Co. to Offer Options for Every Budget with Addition of Two New Hotels

Two new Universal Orlando Resort hotels will be high-quality, high-value and include destination-wide benefits at an unbeatable price

Orlando, Fla. (Nov. 6, 2017) – Universal Orlando Resort will soon offer two high-quality, high-value hotel options for families looking for theme park thrills, exclusive benefits and a seamless Universal Orlando Resort experience – starting at less than $100 per night.

Set to begin opening in the summer of 2019, the hotels will feature a combined 2,800 guest rooms, including 1,450 two-bedroom suites designed to accommodate families of all sizes. Both options will be value-driven, with nightly rates starting below Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort and Universal’s Aventura Hotel.

Guests will enjoy a seamless and convenient Universal Orlando experience with Early Park Admission to Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure or Universal’s Volcano Bay, complimentary transportation across the destination and resort-wide charging privileges.

The 750-room and 2,050-room hotels will be located just minutes away from Universal Orlando’s three theme parks and Universal CityWalk’s dining and entertainment options. Amenities will include a combined three pools, two food courts offering breakfast, lunch, dinner and nearby coffee bars, plus poolside bars, fitness rooms, car rental facilities and more.

Brought to life by the same Universal Creative team behind the incredibly-themed Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Loews Sapphire Falls Resort and Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort, these all-new options will be destinations unto themselves. Guests will enjoy the sun, surf and sand with a laid-back coastal feel. Towering exterior murals with vibrant and natural colors will set a free-spirited and beachy tone, inviting guests to hang loose throughout their stay.

The hotels will be built on a 64-acre site at the intersection of Universal Blvd. and International Drive, and become the destination’s seventh and eighth hotels. This continues the unprecedented growth ongoing at Universal Orlando Resort. The new hotels will bring the total number of guest rooms at the destination to 9,000 when combined with the 600-room Universal’s Aventura Hotel opening in August 2018.

Reservations will be accepted in early 2018.

View attachment 5710

View attachment 5711

Notice what is missing from the second piece of art? Lobby building.
Looks like the 750 goes first on the Wn'W plot then the 2k over in the parking lot?

Notice what is missing from the second piece of art? Lobby building.
Looks like the 750 goes first on the Wn'W plot then the 2k over in the parking lot?
I believe the first picture is merely one half of the larger hotel at the parking lot plot. There will be two such pool areas surrounded by towers, with the lobby area in between them. The picture only shows one of those two pool areas.

Second picture is pretty much all the rooms at the smaller hotel at Wet n Wild plot.

Reactions: tielo