Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I believe the first picture is merely one half of the larger hotel at the parking lot plot. There will be two such pool areas surrounded by towers, with the lobby area in between them. The picture only shows one of those two pool areas.

Second picture is pretty much all the rooms at the smaller hotel at Wet n Wild plot.
I think those outside wings on the parking lot building didn't make it. That is why we are seeing 2800 rather than 4K

Reactions: zg44
I think those outside wings on the parking lot building didn't make it. That is why we are seeing 2800 rather than 4K
I pointed out in the Expansion thread that there could be a lot of hotel real estate available for purchasing eventually, so they could pull back on that number knowing there might be later purchases to come:

mt8WhY7.jpg

Under a scenario where they add more budget hotels (3000 rooms) to that other Universal parcel, you'd have all those green-marked hotels sandwiched. Could end up buying a lot of those out...

Press Release is available on their website (finally) as follows:

Universal Orlando and Loews Hotels & Co. to Offer Options for Every Budget with Addition of Two New Hotels

Two new Universal Orlando Resort hotels will be high-quality, high-value and include destination-wide benefits at an unbeatable price

Orlando, Fla. (Nov. 6, 2017) – Universal Orlando Resort will soon offer two high-quality, high-value hotel options for families looking for theme park thrills, exclusive benefits and a seamless Universal Orlando Resort experience – starting at less than $100 per night.

Set to begin opening in the summer of 2019, the hotels will feature a combined 2,800 guest rooms, including 1,450 two-bedroom suites designed to accommodate families of all sizes. Both options will be value-driven, with nightly rates starting below Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort and Universal’s Aventura Hotel.

Guests will enjoy a seamless and convenient Universal Orlando experience with Early Park Admission to Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure or Universal’s Volcano Bay, complimentary transportation across the destination and resort-wide charging privileges.

The 750-room and 2,050-room hotels will be located just minutes away from Universal Orlando’s three theme parks and Universal CityWalk’s dining and entertainment options. Amenities will include a combined three pools, two food courts offering breakfast, lunch, dinner and nearby coffee bars, plus poolside bars, fitness rooms, car rental facilities and more.

Brought to life by the same Universal Creative team behind the incredibly-themed Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Loews Sapphire Falls Resort and Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort, these all-new options will be destinations unto themselves. Guests will enjoy the sun, surf and sand with a laid-back coastal feel. Towering exterior murals with vibrant and natural colors will set a free-spirited and beachy tone, inviting guests to hang loose throughout their stay.

The hotels will be built on a 64-acre site at the intersection of Universal Blvd. and International Drive, and become the destination’s seventh and eighth hotels. This continues the unprecedented growth ongoing at Universal Orlando Resort. The new hotels will bring the total number of guest rooms at the destination to 9,000 when combined with the 600-room Universal’s Aventura Hotel opening in August 2018.

Reservations will be accepted in early 2018.

View attachment 5710

View attachment 5711

The picture with the lake and lady garden pool probably should have some of Universal in the background from that angle.

hulk dr dooms.PNG

Unless Dr Dooms is going by 2019. You heard it here first folks!

If nothing else, part of Volcano Bay should show up in the picture -from a distance, it looked like Mach 5 was practically next to Krakatau when both were standing in December.

I noticed there are people in the sail boats on the rendering of the 750-room hotel. Is this the “attraction”?

I think these budget options will be a big hit with a lot of people like me who live in Florida. I go to the parks several times a year traveling up from South Florida.

Some times I feel like spending a little more for the experience and stay in an on site hotel (we have an upcoming stay at Sapphire Falls over the Thanksgiving weekend). Other times I'll use Hotwire and find the best cheap offsite option. Those Hotwire options as of late have been the Rosen Plaza for under $100. With these new budget hotels I can choose instead to stay on site at any price range. When you go to the parks almost once a month the savings can help.

If nothing else, part of Volcano Bay should show up in the picture -from a distance, it looked like Mach 5 was practically next to Krakatau when both were standing in December.

The camera is facing north in the photo and Volcano Bay is mostly to the west from that location.

short term memory or something...CBBR was meant to be under $100...it opened Comcast's or Loews eyes. I think there are those around who live in Comcast's home town...I know myself and others have mentioned it looks like Comcast is doing what they are good at.

They need to diversify, the Loews deal give them less risk, less headache....I bet they run the food courts (UNI)....as long as the cable/ISP business has decent free cash flow, UNI has time on their side....not something all their neighbors have (time on their side)....

short term memory or something...CBBR was meant to be under $100...it opened Comcast's or Loews eyes. I think there are those around who live in Comcast's home town...I know myself and others have mentioned it looks like Comcast is doing what they are good at.

They need to diversify, the Loews deal give them less risk, less headache....I bet they run the food courts (UNI)....as long as the cable/ISP business has decent free cash flow, UNI has time on their side....not something all their neighbors have (time on their side)....

You're right, I think they were not expecting the demand they got and found out their amenities were way higher than needed (and costs).