Theme Park Collections | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Park Collections

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 10, 2010
Rare Universal/IOA Collectibles

This thread is to discuss what rare Universal collectibles you possess, regardless of how old they may be. :thumbs:

I have quite a few rare collectibles. I have a pin from the grand opening of IOA (with blinking lighthouse thingy), a Triceratops Encounter pin, a gold Toon Lagoon Popeye coin, a 2001 HHN chainsaw keychain,one of the IOA soundtrack CDs, an old Back to the Future The Ride shirt (it's grey and has some of the scenes from the ride), an old JAWS shirt with Jaws head on the front and tail on the back, etc. I have some other stuff, but I don't want to list all of it...I'd rather here what you guys have!

a wall plaque from 1994 that hung in the pass sales center, two tickets from 1994 with receipt, a grand opening coin from universal studios in a jewelery box with USF logo inside, Earthquake, Dueling Dragon, and year 2000 Grinchmas Postcards, USF brochure from 1990 before BTTF opened, Universal Escape Schedule from August 1999, two 1991 USF official photo souvenir books, USF souvenir map from 1997. i think that's all.

Last edited:
i have the original t shirts of UO. And I have a few king kong shot glasses. I would do anything for those hhn banners

I collect a shot glass, a light up glass, and a shooter from every HHN I go to, I've got a few its safe to say :lol:

I have a set of miniature cards showcasing old USF attractions, several Kongfrontation photo frames, Chuckie Finster plush, Angelica Pickles plush, Santa SpongeBob plush, SpongeBob Christmas bobblehead, and a poster showcasing USF before its opening.

I also have a ton of retired elongated coins, including Kong, BTTF, among others.

I have the IOA soundtrack that a friend gave to me (you can find it online now), Cat in the Hat towel, WWoHP shirt, keychain, FJ ride photo, and Butterbeer mug, USF shirt, an IOA beer cup (the really tall ones), multiple shot glasses (my parents collect them), manymanymany posters, several maps, two brochures (like the ones you get at McDonalds), and probably some other things I can't remember. :p

As far as rare things I have an IoA soundtrack CD and a few of the maps when they used to be different for each park. I have plenty of other stuff from the parks though. :lol:

I don't think they are necessarily collectibles but Spook sent me some really cool old HHN shirts from the early 00's and late 90's. Modern HHN I don't have that much stuff. I wish I did but it's far too expensive to but anymore than a blinky cup or a tumbler every year.

I have my dads old shirt from when he went in 93. Black with this logo
27ysdmp.jpg

I recently got a HHN shirt from 2004 and I have the Fear shirt and Bill and Ted shirt from last year, along with the Icon shirt from Sweet 16. I also made my own Universal Creative mouse pad but I wouldn't count that as a collectable.

On the subject of Horror Nights, I have a shirt from every year since 2004 (Except for 19). I have the RARE Jack shirt from Sweet 16, never hear many talking about that shirt. I have every shirt form Sweet 16, matter of fact. and the poster, and a shotglass. I went crazy with buying stuff that year lmao.

Put up some pictures so we can see! If they are rare, then most of us haven't seen them in a while or ever. I know someone on this site picked up the broken lock from the Harry Potter pre-opening gate, that would be cool to see again.

I'm glad this thread came up.
I seem to remember IOA selling a miniature statue of the park icon lighthouse. Am I just imagining that? I have never seen it on ebay but I swear I can remember them selling one.