Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Theme Park Insider 2020 Awards

Four of the other parks in the top ten list had won in the past, but IOA has had multiple wins over the years, as has Disney Seas. So the competition was pretty tough.

Last edited:
The ONLY thing IOA is missing right now is a proper show. Other than that, it offers everything for any potential theme park guest.

The ONLY thing IOA is missing right now is a proper show. Other than that, it offers everything for any potential theme park guest.
BOOM! Best Park. Congratulations Universal. Well deserved.

They need a proper stage show and a nighttime spectacular. I know they have 2 empty amphitheaters but with plans for those lands, I can see why they haven't put in a major show just to have to close it in a couple of years.

BOOM! Best Park. Congratulations Universal. Well deserved.

They need a proper stage show and a nighttime spectacular. I know they have 2 empty amphitheaters but with plans for those lands, I can see why they haven't put in a major show just to have to close it in a couple of years.
Ya I can see why as well, just wish Sinbad wasn’t closed right now. Haven’t seen it in a dog’s ages but honestly remember it being fun when I was like 16? Idk it’s something different to see as well.

I do wish they had pretty much year round castle shows on Hogwarts, or something cool and brief with the Marvel characters each evening.

I do wish there was a show full time in Seuss Landing, it’d round out that land perfectly.

I'd still give the edge to Magic Kingdom (in Orlando), and I think Islands of Adventure is currently significantly weakened by what's happening to Jurassic Park, but once that's in the past (and wonderful theme work is hopefully returned to that area), IOA definitely belongs in the Best Theme Park conversation. Other than MK, it offers the most balanced and varied attractions lineup in town.

It's probably only one more all-ages, classic-style dark ride and one (good) stunt/nighttime spectacular away from supplanting MK for me.

Disneyland is probably the best park in the USA IMHO but obvs skews towards dark rides and family friendly coasters. Frankly Mythos as a choice is a meme now and doesn't deserve the honor. Hagrid is a toss up for best coaster as there were several big ones this year.

Surprised that Hagrid's took IOA back to the top with its terrible ops. The ride is just that good that everyone's willing to overlook what a pain in the ass it was to get on it most of the time.

The WDW parks don't fare as well as the other Disney parks most years, not just this year. Possibly, it may be that all that long term pre planning on what park on what day, fastpasses so far in advance and hard to get for newer attractions, and long term restaurant reservation planning greatly subtract from the theme park experience. Fun and leisure, after all, are some of the main reasons to attend, or vacation, at a theme park.

Last edited: