Theme Park Insider Awards 2012 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Park Insider Awards 2012

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

jtsalien

V.I.P. Member
Mar 9, 2011
T.A.R.D.I.S.
Best Theme Park
Tokyo DisneySea

Runners-up:
Disneyland Park
Disney California Adventure

Best New Attraction
Transformers: The Ride

Runner-up:
Radiator Springs Racers

This was the closest finish ever in this category. They claimed two of the highest ratings ever (the third belonging to Forbidden Journey). RSR also marks the highest rated Disney attraction since 1999. They destroyed the competition so no others were listed.

Best Theme Park Hotel
Disney's Grand California Hotel

Runners up:
Universal's Portofino Bay Hotel
Disney's Beach Club Resort

Best Theme Park Restaurant
Bistro de Paris (Epcot)

Runners up:
Teppan Edo (Epcot)
Mythos Restaurant (IOA)

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201207/3117/

Yeah, that has to be the only reason it won. Although I'm sure Transformers is fantastic, Radiator Springs Racers is really made up of what we absolutely love about theme park attractions: real environments, complete immersion, state-of-the-art animatronics, etc.

Surprised not to see IOA near the top of Best Park and sucks that Mythos officially lost its reign.

Well, you can consider Transformers had about an extra months of voting time probably.

The owner of TPI said that's a moot point since most rides have their highest rating a week or two after opening.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that has to be the only reason it won. Although I'm sure Transformers is fantastic, Radiator Springs Racers is really made up of what we absolutely love about theme park attractions: real environments, complete immersion, state-of-the-art animatronics, etc.

TF has all of them aside from animatronics....

Surprised not to see IOA near the top of Best Park and sucks that Mythos officially lost its reign.

Mythos hasn't won the past few years.