1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Theme Park Wait Time Dataset

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by GadgetGuru, Sep 25, 2018.

1. GadgetGuru

GadgetGuru Premium Member

Hey all,

I've always thought there was some cool data visualization opportunities when it came to theme park wait times. For the past year, I've been collecting wait times every 10 minutes from a whole bunch of theme parks through their apps. I built out a small website called CoasterQueues where you can view spreadsheets with all of the data. I'm getting data from 48 parks, including Disney + Universal.

If any of you are into data visualization or just data geeks in general, please have take a look!

There might be a couple weird issues because many of the parks often change their APIs. If you see any issues, let me know!

(Special thanks to @Brian G. for being cool with me posting this)

2. TheConsciousness

TheConsciousness Newcomer

Great work, I love it! I've always wanted to get ahold of data like this. However, I think the data columns may be shifted to the right by one cell.

GadgetGuru likes this.
  3. leavesonthelawn

leavesonthelawn Newcomer

Love this, thanks alot!
    One question, what timezone are the times based on please?

4. MrRoamer

MrRoamer Premium Member

Good stuff!!
    I've been meaning on developing some fun theme park stuff for awhile... It would be nice to ask Alexa what the wait times look like and if there are any reservations for Ohana available ;)

SeventyOne likes this.
  5. GadgetGuru

GadgetGuru Premium Member

Highly recommend looking into GitHub - cubehouse/themeparks: Unofficial API for accessing ride wait times and schedules for Disneyland, Disney World, Universal Studios, and many more parks for the wait time info. They've built out an amazing JS library for grabbing theme park wait times.

leavesonthelawn and MrRoamer like this.
  6. MrRoamer

MrRoamer Premium Member