Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not as easy as flicking a switch, especially with DL and their union. With Universal, you’d have to recall staff from furlough and place distancing markers all over the park before you can even think of opening.

That all would take a few weeks minimum and tbh, they may not see the hassle as worth it. You may be itching to go, but it’s possible they’ve put feelers out and the interest level isn’t where they want it to be.
Well I'd love to get that email, but just so I wasn't talking completely out of my ass I compared Knotts to Universal and in both attendance and AP's they beat Knotts.....so very confused if many of those Ap's didn't want to come back inside the park even just to eat.

Also First event would be a test event and only be the upper lot and most likely not even let people into Potter land because I know they have some different rules and staff levels.

But unless it was a huge flop (which I doubt because Knotts sold out and had to make more dates and a second event) then should be worth seeing if it works because if it does you can easily get people back in for Halloween and Christmas and sure if you throw 80/90s events in November. Seems like a way to get people to come in and spend money at Citywalk as well and get limited time merch out for people to buy.
As a Local and talking to many people I know soooo many willing to go to a Halloween event at Universal this year NO matter what it is

No parking, plus the extra dollar or two from no AP discounts on food or merch
Yeah, if you go more than a few times, an annual is actually cheaper (same with Sea World/Busch). Now, if you have a group like a family, it makes sense for one to buy an annual and the rest the deal

i am an out of state ap holder, and i cant imagine any situation wherein i would go to Universal right now.
while locals are probably used to the heat/humidity and can deal with wearing a mask in it, i am not.
everytime i go to universal, i wear shorts, dry-fit shirt, and use the unlimited drinks to drink powerade all day
because i am continually sweating.
No, i'm not a 300+ lb person, i am normal size, just doesnt get anywhere near as
hot/humid where i live.
And i swear it seems that Orlando gets hotter at night some days.
Usually stay on site in a premium hotel, so get the 1 hour early entry and unlimited fast pass.
I usually go on all the rides, so am moving around all day rather than sitting and people watching.
For me, Universal is a very expensive indulgence that i usually enjoy ecstatically.
There is just no way i could walk around all day with a mask on in that heat/humidity.
Plus, now they wont allow you to drink/eat while walking/waiting in line.
Not going to spend big bucks to be miserable.
To me, it does not sound like an enjoyable time.

What if Universal went to 6 days per park with USF closed Monday and IOA closed Tuesday. To satisfy park to park guests keep the Hogwarts Express and the WWOHP lands open everyday.

I can also see VB going to a Thurs-Sun. schedule.
I was under the impression that VB’s numbers on most days were pretty good. Is the weekday drop off significant enough to make weekends only better for VB?

What if Universal went to 6 days per park with USF closed Monday and IOA closed Tuesday. To satisfy park to park guests keep the Hogwarts Express and the WWOHP lands open everyday.

I can also see VB going to a Thurs-Sun. schedule.
Depends on how dead they are those days

My friend went on a Monday and said that it wasn't as dead as he thought it would be

i am an out of state ap holder, and i cant imagine any situation wherein i would go to Universal right now.
while locals are probably used to the heat/humidity and can deal with wearing a mask in it, i am not.
everytime i go to universal, i wear shorts, dry-fit shirt, and use the unlimited drinks to drink powerade all day
because i am continually sweating.
No, i'm not a 300+ lb person, i am normal size, just doesnt get anywhere near as
hot/humid where i live.
And i swear it seems that Orlando gets hotter at night some days.
Usually stay on site in a premium hotel, so get the 1 hour early entry and unlimited fast pass.
I usually go on all the rides, so am moving around all day rather than sitting and people watching.
For me, Universal is a very expensive indulgence that i usually enjoy ecstatically.
There is just no way i could walk around all day with a mask on in that heat/humidity.
Plus, now they wont allow you to drink/eat while walking/waiting in line.
Not going to spend big bucks to be miserable.
To me, it does not sound like an enjoyable time.
Yep......one reason there's plenty of tourists for the east coast beaches and outdoor parks throughout the country....People reply on surveys to masks one way, but when they live their lives it's often opposite....but understandably,
Universal and other theme parks & amusement parks across the country were looked at in a different way and they really had no choice but to go the safety route with masks and distancing. The problem there though is that
the people who are most safety conscious aren't going to go out in large public crowds no matter what the safe guards are, myself for one. So the parks are really in a no win situation. No safety measures, and they'd probably have
better crowds then now, but they'd get blasted in the court of public opinion for having the same standards beaches and outdoor nature parks have. Unfortunately, most of the theme and amusement parks in the country are in that same unavoidable
situation.....Yes, I've said the same, namely not going to spend big bucks to be miserable. I will not go to Orlando until it returns to normal, and no masks are required.

Last edited:
It was interesting to see that despite the impending threat from a hurricane (which amounted to not much but could have been some nasty weather), it appears that attendance at Disney was way up this weekend from what it has been. I don't think it was just CMs not being blocked out either...

It was interesting to see that despite the impending threat from a hurricane (which amounted to not much but could have been some nasty weather), it appears that attendance at Disney was way up this weekend from what it has been. I don't think it was just CMs not being blocked out either...
I was at Epcot yesterday and it was surprisingly busy. Although unfortunately, the busier the park, the more relaxed people seem to be with their masks as CMs can only control it so much.

The lack of entertainment and interactive activities is probably felt most at Epcot.

Yeah, if you go more than a few times, an annual is actually cheaper (same with Sea World/Busch). Now, if you have a group like a family, it makes sense for one to buy an annual and the rest the deal

yep, we only have one car to park! It is still a tough buy (for me). I never know when (if) we would go to the park. I'd love to go just to walk around (way too hot know for that during the hours the are open), but I hear you can't use the ticket two days in a row, since I can only get out on weekends, well, I'll wait for now as we are not planning on going to the park anytime soon.

Yikes....well I’m going to Universal tomorrow for the first time since Feb. I’m a little nervous, but I’ve seen a lot of people go and say most are practicing good social distancing practices and sanitary measures. Bringing wipes and sanitizer in case.

I live a couple hours away and my pass expires in a few weeks, so if it seems unsafe I can always bounce, but I’m hoping heading out on an overcast Monday that I’ll have good luck with low crowds.

Will report back...and thanks to everyone who has shared their experiences thus far.

Cedar Fair announcements;
*Knotts Scary Farm cancelled for 2020
*Carowinds, Kings Dominion, Calif. Great Adven., & Valley Fair will not open for 2020
*Cedar Fair & Kings Island announced they will cancel their Hallo Weekend & Halloween Haunts this year. These will be
replaced by an all ages "Trick or Treat Fall Fest' on weekends.
*No Winterfest for Kings Island since Nov. 1st will be their last day of operation.

Cedar Fair announcements;
*Knotts Scary Farm cancelled for 2020
*Carowinds, Kings Dominion, Calif. Great Adven., & Valley Fair will not open for 2020
*Cedar Fair & Kings Island announced they will cancel their Hallo Weekend & Halloween Haunts this year. These will be
replaced by an all ages "Trick or Treat Fall Fest' on weekends.
*No Winterfest for Kings Island since Nov. 1st will be their last day of operation.
Did they mention a Knotts Scary Farm Food event?

Man... I have reservations for HS the first week of September and this has me reconsidering. Good god.

Here it is after everyone's made Rise reservations:

Maybe they could consider moving the first reservation time to 11AM, because parking is too slow and people get into the park with only mins left until reservation time.

EDIT: I'm planning to visit this park in a couple weeks, but I'm just going to show up at 11am for safety reasons.

Here it is after everyone's made Rise reservations:

Maybe they could consider moving the first reservation time to 11AM, because parking is too slow and people get into the park with only mins left until reservation time.

Interesting. There's definitely an issue with the rush into the park causing crowding. Either earlier reservation time distribution or earlier park open seems necessary. I definitely expected crowds to drop after reservation time, but IDK that I'm even willing to attempt for a Rise boarding pass if that's the scene.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.