Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 86 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing that not even a pandemic can slow down Rise of the Resistance. This is probably the first ride to ever be both a huge success and a massive failure at the same time.

Reactions: RevFreako
Here it is after everyone's made Rise reservations:

Maybe they could consider moving the first reservation time to 11AM, because parking is too slow and people get into the park with only mins left until reservation time.

EDIT: I'm planning to visit this park in a couple weeks, but I'm just going to show up at 11am for safety reasons.

2 Things to note:
1- The Camera makes the crowd look a little closer together than it actually is (still bad, but of note).
2- Moving the drop time really wouldn’t help. It would make Rise lose an hour of Operations (even fewer people getting to ride) and there is a weird tendency for people to bunch in Hollywood, Center Stage, and the Sweet Spells corner of sunset for the BG drop. A photo in TSL, GE, the Edge of Sunset, Echo Lake, or Grand Ave at the exact same time would look comparatively empty. This may also be because people think rides don’t actually open until 10, when, for the most park, they (or at least their queues) open with the park.

2 Things to note:
1- The Camera makes the crowd look a little closer together than it actually is (still bad, but of note).
2- Moving the drop time really wouldn’t help. It would make Rise lose an hour of Operations (even fewer people getting to ride) and there is a weird tendency for people to bunch in Hollywood, Center Stage, and the Sweet Spells corner of sunset for the BG drop. A photo in TSL, GE, the Edge of Sunset, Echo Lake, or Grand Ave at the exact same time would look comparatively empty. This may also be because people think rides don’t actually open until 10, when, for the most park, they (or at least their queues) open with the park.
A voice message over the intercom to remind guests that boarding groups can be reserved from anywhere in the park might be helpful when there’s crowding. Starting to suspect people think they must be in that area to book it for some reason.

A voice message over the intercom to remind guests that boarding groups can be reserved from anywhere in the park might be helpful when there’s crowding. Starting to suspect people think they must be in that area to book it for some reason.
Or you could sneak over to Disboards with a burner account to start a rumor the bestest/fastest wifi is over at Tower

I think it's a bit of a domino effect, too. Many gather near the Grand Chinese to book so they can hop in the Runaway Railway queue right after. After crowds form there, people do not want to attempt to pass, so they stop further down the street. And so it goes...

Looks like new Premier pass perks will be coming out soon

I'm currently Premier but might downgrade to preferred when renewal comes up next month. Between the HHN and Express perks being useless for the foreseeable future and my own uncertainty with how soon I'll return to the parks, opting for a cheaper renewal is financially safer. I'll undoubtedly return sometime in the next year due to the JP coaster, but unless the new benefits are insanely good, Premier isn't worth it right now.

Meanwhile, my Disney AP doesn't expire until November, but I'm unlikely to renew it if we're not close to a vaccine. Personally, not being able to park hop takes a lot of the value away from going to Disney, and renewal prices are still expensive.

I think they're both going to see a lot of AP burn over the next 6-9 months... unless there's some incredible promo I'm planning to let mine expire because besides missing the JP coaster (which admittedly is going to be great) it's an easy way to save a lot of money for a year.

Last edited:
All Disney parks are shaving an hour off of their closing times starting in Sept (plus the aforementioned two off of Epcot). I wouldn’t be surprised to see UOR announcing a schedule reduction in September soon, but likely one of a different nature.

Also, Epcot losing its night hours is an utter shame. And, post-Pandora, I never thought we’d see a return to 5 PM closings for DAK this soon.

All Disney parks are shaving an hour off of their closing times starting in Sept (plus the aforementioned two off of Epcot). I wouldn’t be surprised to see UOR announcing a schedule reduction in September soon, but likely one of a different nature.

Also, Epcot losing its night hours is an utter shame. And, post-Pandora, I never thought we’d see a return to 5 PM closings for DAK this soon.
Yeah, you'd think they's just open Epcot later in the day, and keep the night hours. Heck, it's primarily a Festival, food & booze, park now.

The parks are EMPTY by park close all around Orlando. Opening later would only hurt because the mornings are when the park's are the busiest.
Good info and good point. Do you think Epcot evenings are slow due to no night shows, or are there other reasons?

I'm currently Premier but might downgrade to preferred when renewal comes up next month. Between the HHN and Express perks being useless for the foreseeable future and my own uncertainty with how soon I'll return to the parks, opting for a cheaper renewal is financially safer. I'll undoubtedly return sometime in the next year due to the JP coaster, but unless the new benefits are insanely good, Premier isn't worth it right now.

Meanwhile, my Disney AP doesn't expire until November, but I'm unlikely to renew it if we're not close to a vaccine. Personally, not being able to park hop takes a lot of the value away from going to Disney, and renewal prices are still expensive.
I think they're both going to see a lot of AP burn over the next 6-9 months... unless there's some incredible promo I'm planning to let mine expire because besides missing the JP coaster (which admittedly is going to be great) it's an easy way to save a lot of money for a year.

Yeah, you'd think they's just open Epcot later in the day, and keep the night hours. Heck, it's primarily a Festival, food & booze, park now.

so on a different side of things. Living 200 miles south of Orlando, we stopped visiting Disney around the time they closed 'Snow White's....' so never mine trained, pandora, my wife needs to visit star wars.

For UNI, we stopped a year or two ago, have not seen Haggard's.

I think our BGT fun ticket is good the rest of this year.

The parks are EMPTY by park close all around Orlando. Opening later would only hurt because the mornings are when the park's are the busiest.
Good info and good point. Do you think Epcot evenings are slow due to no night shows, or are there other reasons?
No night shows and also no concerts during the F&W.

with a park like EpCot, I assume they could try a way to bring in locals, for tourist, M-F I assume would be for them...but weekends or maybe one weekday (night) a week, they must be trying to think of something for folks that would not mind an outdoor 'mall' but not $$ parking $$ to get in (I now live in Central FL). not ready to ride rides personally, but I am willing to walk around outdoors (when the weather cools or at night)...but not for $100+ per family member, what $50 for the car (I think we can UBER cheaper)....but the wife and I work a lot of hours (thankfully, but a mixed blessing) and traffic is rough (and I do not think I've seen it w/ a real influx of tourist).

Unpopular opinion I'm sure...

How did AP's benefits get screwed up in the first place? (Im asking because had no clue it happened)

I think the lack of hours, the free HHN (non good night) ticket, but the 'express after four' is useless when the park closes at FIVE, I assume that is another part of the 2020 ripple...

The only one making it work - surprisingly - is SeaWorld. The fireworks actually get people to hang around and they’ve quietly added a sixth day of operation. With the numbers they’re drawing, they could absolutely shoot off fireworks at Epcot.

Status
Not open for further replies.