This Just In - Current USH Happenings | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^I haven't seen them recently myself, but I don't know for sure.

I was noticing that the wait times webpage, online and mobile versions, no longer list the showtimes on a separate page. Also, all the performances and character meet times are gone, as well as the Tri-Wizard and Frog Choir show times.

Is this permament? I hope not; they don't list Tri-Wizard/Frog Choir show times on park handouts, do they? So there's no other way to really know when they happen. :(

From IU's new photo update; Seems like one of the new sound-stages is coming up like hotcakes.

IMG_9912-696x464.jpg

IMG_9914-696x464.jpg

IMG_9918-696x464.jpg

Looks like they may be beginning work on two additional soundstages after the one next to the Courthouse Square soundstage is done.

To double post, as this may be fascinating to see what people think; USH has added their first gender-neutral bathrooms at Super Silly Fun Land. As far as I understand, this is the first time that they have ever done it for the park.

That's actually really cool. Good to know.

Reactions: alias8703
I’ll try my question here. Are the new soundstages down by the lake replacing old soundstages? What is the impact going to be of these new stages relative to what was there previously?

To double post, as this may be fascinating to see what people think; USH has added their first gender-neutral bathrooms at Super Silly Fun Land. As far as I understand, this is the first time that they have ever done it for the park.

It's interesting idea. The concept doesn't bother me in the slightest but if it means it's a combination of both the male and female toilets, I can only see this as a plus. The amount of times, I've had to wait on my wife outside the toilets because she's had to wait in a queue and if this means there's more toilets available. I'll see this as a huge win.

I’ll try my question here. Are the new soundstages down by the lake replacing old soundstages? What is the impact going to be of these new stages relative to what was there previously?

I would assume the Soundstages coming to Park Lake will replace in theory the Soundstages of SS29, and perhaps starting to chip away at the cluster of Soundstages 33-37, the rehearsal hall and 41-44. That said I think we have to wait a bit more till all of those Soundstages over there go away.

To further on what Alex was saying - The two newest stages 22 and 23 which opened last year effectively replaced Stages 28, 31 and whenever they decide to tear down 29. The new stages being built by Park Lake will have a total of 12 stages (was 10) now that LA has won the Olympics. Those new stages will replace the now torn down 22-25 along with the ones Alex mentioned above. The new stages 22, 23 and the ones being built now, will all have offices attached to these stages. The current roster of stages do not have this amenity. The offices include, dressing/make-up rooms, production offices, editing rooms etc. Universal's stages are really old and this will help modernize them.

If I'm not mistaken, when the current build out is finished they will have fewer stages, but the stages themselves will be larger.

To further on what Alex was saying - The two newest stages 22 and 23 which opened last year effectively replaced Stages 28, 31 and whenever they decide to tear down 29. The new stages being built by Park Lake will have a total of 12 stages (was 10) now that LA has won the Olympics. Those new stages will replace the now torn down 22-25 along with the ones Alex mentioned above. The new stages 22, 23 and the ones being built now, will all have offices attached to these stages. The current roster of stages do not have this amenity. The offices include, dressing/make-up rooms, production offices, editing rooms etc. Universal's stages are really old and this will help modernize them.

If I'm not mistaken, when the current build out is finished they will have fewer stages, but the stages themselves will be larger.

:cheers:

That does make me wonder, if a soundstage can then in theory be larger, could it hold production for more show at once? Or is it that it's one show per stage?

It does make me interested, as they have more time. Could they in theory, add more soundstages in the near future? Last I checked, the current Studio Child Care is being moved, yes? And that If I am not mistaken; isn't that next to that hillside? What stops them from making a few extra soundstages for not just the Olympics, but on the Studio front?

:cheers:

That does make me wonder, if a soundstage can then in theory be larger, could it hold production for more show at once? Or is it that it's one show per stage?

It does make me interested, as they have more time. Could they in theory, add more soundstages in the near future? Last I checked, the current Studio Child Care is being moved, yes? And that If I am not mistaken; isn't that next to that hillside? What stops them from making a few extra soundstages for not just the Olympics, but on the Studio front?

I doubt they'll use the same stage for two shows at once. Only because production crews are so large. Yes, the Child Care is being moved. I've included the link to the Variety article that announced the 5 year plan. Universal to Build New Soundstage Complex, Expand Theme Park in 5-Year Plan (EXCLUSIVE) – Variety

And they could absolutely add more stages if they feel like it. They have more room, it's just a matter if they want to build it and if there's demand for it.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
So regarding Super Nintendo World in Los Angeles, I just recently talked to a Universal team member and he said one of SS and a Post behind the Transformers building would be the place of where SNW would take place. I forget the name of the other buildings and I can't find an exact map what it looks like so people know what I'm talking about.

Reactions: Al2020