Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

After that massive let down with the new logo a while back, they better be worth it.

Well, they shot themselves in the foot with that. From my understand there were things going to be announced that got pulled at the literal last minute. But since they had already reached out to press and fans in the weeks prior they had to have something. I don't see them making that mistake twice.

Well, they shot themselves in the foot with that. From my understand there were things going to be announced that got pulled at the literal last minute. But since they had already reached out to press and fans they had to have something. I don't see them making that mistake twice.

I remember that I had a convo with @Jonathan about that a while back, and it's kind-of interesting about the drama that occured in pulling that announcement.

One small act, changed a lot for Universal Hollywood, in more way's than one. And that I would assume, Karen wouldn't want to make something like that happen again.

What exactly happened?

Back in 2016, I believe May, they started hyping up a huge announcement in June, and that there was a big announcement, but was pulled last minute, leaving the only announcements on that day of June being Margaritaville, Universal Cinema, and Voodoo Doughnut.

EDIT: It was also the first official use of the new UPR logos, which rolled out first with Hollywood, then to Orlando and then Osaka.

Singapore has yet to receive the new logos, but Beijing should get the new designs.

Back in 2016, I believe May, they started hyping up a huge announcement in June, and that there was a big announcement, but was pulled last minute, leaving the only announcements on that day of June being Margaritaville, Universal Cinema, and Voodoo Doughnut.

Actually, Voodoo, Margaritaville, Cinema and Dogpo were announced long before the video came out. The only real new thing from the video was the park's new logo, which felt like salt on a wound.

But what was supposed to be announced? Has it been announced already, is it still a secret, or was it scrapped entirely?
anigif_original-12175-1460183689-9.gif

My guess is that the deal with Nintendo had them re-evaluate the future of the lower lot so they got cold feet. Diagon may still come in some form.

I would wonder if it would stem more to how Hogsmeade preformed at the start, and how things were what they were in that aspect.

2016...was not a good year, for Passholders in how that was handled.