This Just In - Current USH Happenings | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Got my Free Bobblehead today, you get a ticket for it once you enter the park and on your way out give the ticket to someone to pick it up

So no worries you dont have to carry it all day as you go on rides

Reactions: Squallheart
I went today got one as well and some Nintendo. Wow the park was pretty much empty. Most rides were walk on and the only two that said 20 min waits were minion and Simpson.
With basically way less people traveling from other countries, this will be normal for Universal for a while

Weekdays have been dead for years and only pick up in the summer, spring break and Christmas time and even then you have some slow days

I know Christmas this year will be even more toned down then it was before but i wonder if they will even do Chinese New Years next year or not.

Disney needs APs but Universal REALLY needs Ap's to stay in business

Reactions: Squallheart
Not true. When I worked at USH in the early 90s, there was an AP, but it was not a big seller like today. And the business survived with days of only about 3K-5K attendance.
30 years ago? Your basing your comment on when the parks didn't event have the Mummy ride..let alone Potter/Simpsons land

USH can for sure work without APs but all these companies want MAX profits and to do that you need Aps in some form, you need to be able to sell special treats, preview Nintendo merch and or do updates on the park to get people hyped to come. Thats all for Aps not normal people coming over to ride the studio tour

30 years ago? Your basing your comment on when the parks didn't event have the Mummy ride..let alone Potter/Simpsons land

USH can for sure work without APs but all these companies want MAX profits and to do that you need Aps in some form, you need to be able to sell special treats, preview Nintendo merch and or do updates on the park to get people hyped to come. Thats all for Aps not normal people coming over to ride the studio tour
Simply responding to your statement that USH needs APs to stay in business. You didn't state a year or decade. Just showing you we survived back then.

However, you have any hard data to support your point, or is it just your opinion?

Simply responding to your statement that USH needs APs to stay in business. You didn't state a year or decade. Just showing you we survived back then.

However, you have any hard data to support your point, or is it just your opinion?
What hard data?
Disney doesn’t even have numbers out there for APa but understand that they mean something and are apart of the business strategy to make the high ups and investors hsppy

universal has pretty cheap APs and has treated aps very well since the pandemic started

so there is your hard data, if universal didn’t need APs they’d get ride of them but they don’t therefor it’s apart of what makes them money

could universal run with out APs? Yes
Would we get seasonal events? As many new rides/shows? And E ticket level rides and lands?

nope, not in this climate. Universal literally has no rides with lines over 20 mins and that’s only because those screen rides load in such a way you really can’t have them walk ons

^So that's a no on the hard data, then.
You guys are right
Universal clearly don’t need APs

they should get rid of them, no demand for them and it’s definitely not bringing universal
Universal would make more money with just tickets

USH has not officially brought this up yet (but I expect them too by the end of the weekend); but beginning on October 7th, Los Angeles County will be requiring proof of one dose vaccinations to large scale venues--including those above the capacity of 10,000 people.

It'll be interesting to see how NBCUniversal and USH coordinate media in the coming days on this; as I would expect them to speak about this soon.

Reactions: Clive
Do we still have to wear masks at these places now that this is a requirement?

Guessing Universal will drop masks and plexiglass immediately after October 7th--methinks. Or atleast, Masks will be "Recommended" and Plexiglass will be removed. Especially in mazes at HHN.

Definitely a positive move; makes me happy to see Universal forced to comply.

Reactions: Ron101
Guessing Universal will drop masks and plexiglass immediately after October 7th--methinks. Or atleast, Masks will be "Recommended" and Plexiglass will be removed. Especially in mazes at HHN.

Definitely a positive move; makes me happy to see Universal forced to comply.
Sounds promising. I’m all for this vaccine requirement if it means the masking in the parks and other events are back to recommendation again!

Reactions: Jerroddragon