This Just In - Current USH Happenings | Page 80 | Inside Universal Forums

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wouldn't using the old Walking Dead walk through location be the best place for a temp animal actors experience? It's even right next door to pets place so ideally situated, and would make use of a space not being used outside of HHN?
I could see it being more ideal for SES.

But that’s the thing. By the time you would really need to use that for shows during peak season, HHN construction would be well underway. Heck knowing how early they start they probably wouldn’t be able to use it at all.

I mean if people think the next HHN show will be in the middle of the park plaza then seems like that would be a good place to put the animals show in the summer. Then keep using the stage until HHN is over then make it Grinchmas

If Animal Actors is in the Plaza where do they keep the animals? Those birds move from box to box
during the day but live in a huge bird cage at night.

This will be the first time in decades that USH doesn't have an indoor theater. Crazy that come January
there will be one show at USH. Well, I guess two if you count the 7 minute Tri-Wiz as a show...

Reactions: BriefCasey
This will be the first time in decades that USH doesn't have an indoor theater.
I’m really curious about what they’ll do about this. They’re losing an event space here. Isn’t the scareactor orientation always held there as well? DWT is the only similar thing left ig

Reactions: BriefCasey
Probably just a refurbishment. The flooring is looking pretty beat up.

Hard to believe, but we are coming up on the 10-year anniversary of Universal Plaza.
It’s a little more than a refurb. Creative is keeping this pretty tight lipped. I’m hoping they’re ripping out the fountains and installing a stage of some sort.

Reactions: salismetho
This Just in: Park is absolutely slammed right now. 200+ min waits for Jurassic and Harry Potter. Springfield walkway is nearly a standstill. Shows all packed! Too many express users.:afraid:

Yikes. Literally 240min wait for Jurassic World right now while JPRA in IOA has been running a 5 minute wait (which means walk-on, empty boats really) because it's been hovering around 50 degrees here.

Forbidden Journey has been averaging 15 minutes today too in IOA. 170 minutes for the same ride at USH.

Super Nintendo World cannot open soon enough to take some of that heat off.

Yikes. Literally 240min wait for Jurassic World right now while JPRA in IOA has been running a 5 minute wait (which means walk-on, empty boats really) because it's been hovering around 50 degrees here.

Forbidden Journey has been averaging 15 minutes today too in IOA. 170 minutes for the same ride at USH.

Super Nintendo World cannot open soon enough to take some of that heat off.
They are closing two shows and Nintendo land will bring in more people they potter because

1) Nintendo is huge right now
2) the movie
3) first e ticket ride since potter
4) unlike potter this is the first Nintendo land in America
5) post covid fomo

the park is about to see the busiest February ever in its history

Also, I wonder how much Disneyland itself is contributing when the reservation system is probably shutting a lot of families out who want to visit a major theme park with their family over the holidays and having no choice but to make it USH.

Even Cali-based theme park vlogger content has been more USH-centric over the last week as their Magic Key blackout dates went into effect.

Also, I wonder how much Disneyland itself is contributing when the reservation system is probably shutting a lot of families out who want to visit a major theme park with their family over the holidays and having no choice but to make it USH.

Even Cali-based theme park vlogger content has been more USH-centric over the last week as their Magic Key blackout dates went into effect.
USH must be loving Disney right now. I've liked USH for years because it still has an off season (RIP to that...lol) but yeah I've yet to met anyone going to Disneyland who likes the new system. Some of my family is going to Disneyland next week and I just can't go....if I wanted to so cool it saves me money

Reactions: Freakenstein
USH must be loving Disney right now. I've liked USH for years because it still has an off season (RIP to that...lol) but yeah I've yet to met anyone going to Disneyland who likes the new system. Some of my family is going to Disneyland next week and I just can't go....if I wanted to so cool it saves me money

If you really do want to join your family, I think you might see availability pop up if you keep checking. I happened to look tonight to see how far out I need to start planning a Spring trip based on the reservation calendar and I would see some dates pop up randomly for this week.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Was at the park today and here are my fears for Nintendoland opening

1) Parking gates, went today they knew it would be busy but not all Parking lot gates were open to take guests so the line became long fast
2) Security - Its just slower then it should be but what makes it worst is once again its a busy day and not all gates are open.....so very much scared that USH will not have amount of people checking bags they should
3) Rides breaking down - no clue if it was just today but most rides seem to be having issues, we got stopped on transformers when the ride stopped worked and Mummy was down for a good amount of time this morning. I'm not sure but feels like the rides need some maintenance after 3 very busy seasons...but because we are losing two shows not sure if they can work on these rides now.
4) Space - As another poster said in either this or the nintendoland thread, the lower lot does not have the space for that many extra guests and while yes it will be easy in the morning to move people into place, i feel many afternoons and nights its just going to be a nightmare down there. Along with the Simpsons walkway just always being packed now if the parks have even moderate crowds.
5) Losing two shows with no announced replacement - while I'm fine with the shows being retired, many like shows and mostly older people want a place to just relax for a little and now we just have two shows for that. I hope Universal announces soon something for people who aren't into rides.

While I'm excited Nintendo is about to finally be here....concerned that USH management just doesn't have a plans or the plans they do have will just make visiting the parks a lot worst then it has been in the past