This Just In - Current USH Happenings | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
On the topic of the process of entering the park. On my visit last week, I noticed that when your AP is scanned for entry into the park, on the screen facing the TM, there is a spot for it to display a photo of the pass holder. Same with the Express queues, when a TM scans a Platinum Pass, a space for a photo appears on the screen facing the TM. If you have ever been to Disneyland and looked at the screens when entering the park, the screens at USH look identical to those at Disneyland. The only exception is where a photo of a pass holder would be is a generic placeholder glyph image.

Universal uses the exact same ticketing company that Disneyland uses, Gateway/Galaxy, and have been using them for years, and this is the first time I've seen a photo placeholder for the pass holder at USH.

I wonder if Universal is getting ready to ditch the finger scanners for photos like every other park.
AP only entrance USH. Please do it. And ditch the finger scans. PLEASE.

On the topic of the process of entering the park. On my visit last week, I noticed that when your AP is scanned for entry into the park, on the screen facing the TM, there is a spot for it to display a photo of the pass holder. Same with the Express queues, when a TM scans a Platinum Pass, a space for a photo appears on the screen facing the TM. If you have ever been to Disneyland and looked at the screens when entering the park, the screens at USH look identical to those at Disneyland. The only exception is where a photo of a pass holder would be is a generic placeholder glyph image.

Universal uses the exact same ticketing company that Disneyland uses, Gateway/Galaxy, and have been using them for years, and this is the first time I've seen a photo placeholder for the pass holder at USH.

I wonder if Universal is getting ready to ditch the finger scanners for photos like every other park.
I hope it takes almost 30 mins to get in the park if they a free by staffed correctly and seeung how bad the previews are, it makes me worry about even if I’m not heading into SNW but slow lines getting in just make things even worst

Is there a source/place where we can keep up with updates? I’m not seeing much on twitter besides Sal’s tweet.

Is there a source/place where we can keep up with updates? I’m not seeing much on twitter besides Sal’s tweet.
People don’t really seem to be covering this too much as it hasn’t been announced anywhere publicly and if you message the park they just say it’s a refurbishment ending around May. It’s behind walls and frankly there’s also just a lot less keen eyes at USH compared to somewhere like UOR.
I’ve always found jsland to be the most thorough in video updates though

People don’t really seem to be covering this too much as it hasn’t been announced anywhere publicly and if you message the park they just say it’s a refurbishment ending around May. It’s behind walls and frankly there’s also just a lot less keen eyes at USH compared to somewhere like UOR.
I’ve always found jsland to be the most thorough in video updates though

Thanks for that! Makes sense based on its placement. We need to ship Bio over to Hollywood.

A Universal Youtuber was talking about the future...and pretending like FF coaster wasn't going to be whats where the SE show/AA show was.....so I dont know if bloggers are not that great of sources because its seems like many rather have access/invited to events over talking rumors

We may have lost the Plaza fountains, but USH is continuing to replace all the park water fountains with ones that include bottle fillers! Fantastic move. At the rate they're going I assume they're aiming to have them all replaced by SNW opening?
Where can I find the current ones? The ones near the Jurassic bathrooms/SNW exit pipe haven't been replaced yet.

Where can I find the current ones? The ones near the Jurassic bathrooms/SNW exit pipe haven't been replaced yet.
There's one in SNW, I believe the one in Simpsons just came in, I know there's one in CityWalk and I'm sure more I can't remember. JW fountain was taken out though right? So hopefully should be in soon

The right side of the restrooms and one upstairs at the beginning of the outdoor queue on the right as well.
Before you enter Bowser's castle, right? I'm not sure if I'd be able to access it from single rider, but at least I know where to look elsewhere now. As for the restroom ones, as in inside the restrooms or in the space outside of all the restrooms? Could have sworn the far ends of each side are the respective male/female bathrooms.

Before you enter Bowser's castle, right? I'm not sure if I'd be able to access it from single rider, but at least I know where to look elsewhere now. As for the restroom ones, as in inside the restrooms or in the space outside of all the restrooms? Could have sworn the far ends of each side are the respective male/female bathrooms.

When you go upstairs in the standby queue, hug the wall to your right. In the SR queue, it’ll be on your left. The one by the restrooms is to the right of the women’s restroom.

We may have lost the Plaza fountains, but USH is continuing to replace all the park water fountains with ones that include bottle fillers! Fantastic move. At the rate they're going I assume they're aiming to have them all replaced by SNW opening?
Thank god, as someone who brings water bottles this is much needed