This Just In - Current USH Happenings | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Numerous reports are saying that Bubba Gump is either already open or will be opening very soon. Bubba Gump's IG post said it was already open--but I find that a bit hard to believe if there's been no announcement of Citywalk itself officially being open. But if true, it seems it'd be opening within days. Makes sense, since most retail (aside from indoor malls) are beginning to open, and outdoor eating are essentially approved. I

n a way, I'm surprised I'm not hearing rumblings of Downtown Disney at least partially reopening.

Numerous reports are saying that Bubba Gump is either already open or will be opening very soon. Bubba Gump's IG post said it was already open--but I find that a bit hard to believe if there's been no announcement of Citywalk itself officially being open. But if true, it seems it'd be opening within days. Makes sense, since most retail (aside from indoor malls) are beginning to open, and outdoor eating are essentially approved. I

n a way, I'm surprised I'm not hearing rumblings of Downtown Disney at least partially reopening.
Has citywalk parking been open this whole time or did it recently?

Has citywalk parking been open this whole time or did it recently?
We've been bringing it up on the reopening thread, but it seems like Universal is wanting to get Citywalk Hollywood as soon as possibly this Wednesday or Thursday.

Considering their statement of wanting to get the Hollywood Park open by July 1st, I'd expect if we are to hear news on Citywalk, tomorrow if they intend to open on Wednesday.

I'm excited for the news, I'm sure I can get some people to at least eat at citywalk just to do something.

The Theme Park, I might get excited about but was thinking about it and no clue how Blackout dates are going to work....yes I'm getting the months they were closed added onto my pass but those months only had Saturdays blocked out, since its summer will i be getting two months with pretty full blackout dates?
Hoping at the least we get one day to just come back whenever so we can ride Pets once before August

Reactions: Tristan
Surprised its Mid July...maybe the low amount of people at Citywalk is making them not trying to rush to open before Disneyland

Surprised its Mid July...maybe the low amount of people at Citywalk is making them not trying to rush to open before Disneyland

Could also be them trying to figure out the capacity alongside getting all attractions and show's ready for the Mid-July opening, considering Universal Orlando is having live entertainment.

Could also be them trying to figure out the capacity alongside getting all attractions and show's ready for the Mid-July opening, considering Universal Orlando is having live entertainment.
Yeah, could be.

Thinking the Pet Show and Water World can easily come back and even the Special effects show in some way.

To speak about it, petitions can only mean so much. And Universal has been doing things in a way more publicly and straight-forward; if Orlando shows anything.

Along with that y'know, half of the entire Parks division is back open, and that they should be able now to be continuing studio work.

So about .0001% of their annual guests... Also, COVID-19 doesn’t have an end date and it isn’t going away for a long time, so suggesting they stay closed for the entire time doesn’t really help their case. Closing a theme park for years on end is financial suicide. With rising case numbers being attributed to an increase in testing, the real number to be cautious about is the % of tests that are returned positive and the hospitalization rate, of which have been remaining stable according to the LAT.

Last edited:
I understand the spirit of the petition but think it is in some ways misguided and certainly misleading. Citing peak attendance levels is a fool's errand when the park will be forced to drastically reduce capacity and operating procedures to be allowed to reopen.

Let's nudge this thread back to immediate Universal Hollywood news, though, versus speculation - if we want to continue to discuss Los Angeles COVID levels, this petition, and how either might impact Universal Hollywood, let's take it to the Theme Parks Reopening thread.

Any park will have to be cautious about reopening, but assuming they and park guests follow the new guidelines, it technically shouldn't be an issue. Of all the parks that have reopened so far, Universal seems to be do it pretty well overall from what I've seen.

Other places, notably Lagoon and Las Vegas, which have nearly no guests wearing masks (and I know Lagoon now requires masks in ride queues, but no where else in the park), are of much more concern. So to me, the big if is if guests actually wear masks or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clive
Now that Citywalk is open, is the Studio Store open as well?

And do they sell park merch inside? Specifically, a Studio Tour mug I saw in the park that I regret not getting!

Or does one have to get that from the park?

Thanks!

Not yet. I imagine it'll be there when it does open, but if Orlando is any indication, it could be a few more weeks before any Universal owned Citywalk business opens.