Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

Really feel for these guys hopefully today's news about the successful vaccine trials will be a sign of things turning a corner.

So far, union is actually pushing to stay closed. What does suck is when the parks due open only people with high seniority (bassicly anyone who’s worked full time the last couple years) will get hours and everyone else will have nothing. It’s better than nothing forsure.

Just dumb Question are people just collecting unemployment? Or did they all get second jobs?

I'm just bemused when employees are like "I don't need to work for 9 months and lets go for another 9 plus"

Just dumb Question are people just collecting unemployment? Or did they all get second jobs?

I'm just bemused when employees are like "I don't need to work for 9 months and lets go for another 9 plus"

We're getting into dangerous territory here. Many (many) theme park employees are making ends meet however they can. They are exhausted, dejected, and terrified for their future. Some are on unemployment, some have gotten new jobs, some have been forced to leave the state. None of it is good or easy, and I'm not sure anyone is thinking about it the way you are alleging.

We're getting into dangerous territory here. Many (many) theme park employees are making ends meet however they can. They are exhausted, dejected, and terrified for their future. Some are on unemployment, some have gotten new jobs, some have been forced to leave the state. None of it is good or easy, and I'm not sure anyone is thinking about it the way you are alleging.

To think that all we would need to spend as a world to prevent another pandemic of this magnitude is $22.2B/year. Money well spent IMO.

My girlfriend got unemployment, still on it. I got a job to make ends meet. I didn’t wanna be comfortable with the check the government were sending me because it’s temporary

I'm gonna bring this up from one of the Theme Park Stop discord users, EliMW; who went to the property to see that they're putting up black walls to block sights into the park.I'm asking for permission to post them, but in the meantime; this is something that has happened over the course of today.

EDIT: I got permission from EliMW!

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

Last edited:
Yesss can't wait to go back in

I wonder if there will be ZERO VIP parking until COVID is better because they have to have guests line up 6 feet apart and you can't have them line up in Citywalk..so the VIP parking area is the only open area left near the gates.

Weird

One of my friends at Universal said another round of layoffs is happening right now
I mean the parks wont be opening until past June...so kinda makes sense while an event will get some people in not everyone will be be back yet...so guess they want to re hire people when they know when and how many people will be allowed in