Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Thor Ragnarok

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
The cast of the upcoming film, Thor Ragnarok continues onward with massive castings.

The recent castings include Jeff Goldblum, Cate Blanchet, Tessa Thompson and Karl Urban.

Thor Ragnarok will also star Chris Hemsworth (obviously) as Thor as he'll be tagged along by Mark Ruffalos portrayal of Bruce Banner/Hulk. And will also see the return of regulars Idris Elba; Anthony Hopkins and Tom Hiddleston, as Thor Ragnarok arrives on November 3, 2017.

573f502b0fd8c.jpg

Are you excited for what comes of the next installment of Thors adventures? Are you interested to see how they handle Bruce Banner? Let it be known down below!

I'm really feeling like this will be one of the MCU's best

I very much agree, especially with the casting that was today.

Speaking of the casting, from what it seems of the new additions; it was also confirmed of this.

Jeff Goldblum as the Grandmaster
Tessa Thompson as Valkrie
Karl Urban as Skurge
Cate Blanchet as Hela

It makes me VERY excited for the future of the MCU in its villans, especially for Grandmaster AND Hela, as they could play great parts for the Infinity War.

I have a feeling this will be the first time that the only good film in a superhero trilogy is the last one. A Thor movie that doesn't slog along with boring Earth environments and human characters, as well as an all-star cast like this one, should be really interesting. I'm especially interested to know how Hulk is gonna factor into it and why he's even there.

In an interesting turn of events..

from various sources, its being reported that we won't just see the Ragnarok storyline; but also bringing in the iconic Planet Hulk storyline to Thor: Ragnarok.

from various sources, its being reported that we won't just see the Ragnarok storyline; but also bringing in the iconic Planet Hulk storyline to Thor: Ragnarok.

Disney's workaround to produce and distribute a hulk film without it being standalone. However you gonna see why it will become a problem later on especially with the Thor films being the weakest of the MCU series.

I figured that had to be the case with Banner confirmed. Should be interesting how it plays out.

Warning: far out opinion ahead. I liked the first Thor. I think the second was way too proud of not respecting Kenneth Branagh's work. But I also like Kenneth Branagh.

Official synopsis via Marvel:

In Marvel Studios’ Thor: Ragnarok, Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his mighty hammer and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok – the destruction of his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization – at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela. But first he must survive a deadly gladatorial contest that pits him against his former ally and fellow Avenger – the Incredible Hulk!

Thor: Ragnarok is directed by Taika Waititi and returns Chris Hemsworth starring as Thor and Tom Hiddleston reprising his role as Loki. They are joined by Cate Blanchett, Idris Elba, Jeff Goldblum, Tessa Thompson and Karl Urban, with Mark Ruffalo and Anthony Hopkins.

Gonna get hard to get used to the short haired look. It just looks like Hemsworth in armor (which is what it is) rather than Hemsworth as Thor. If that makes any sense

Coming back to the trailer, James Gunn previously said; that it was his favorite trailer that Marvel Studios ever created. And, I fully agree with his statement.

It is perfectly paced, perfectly handled; and shows such a radical and amazing departure of the Thor series. I love everything about this, and that I can not wait to see what the hell Banner and Thor have to deal with in the film.