Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Now Open) | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Now Open)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm confused why the ride is having so much trouble. It's the same exact thing is before with no changes, no? Why all of a sudden so many breakdowns?

It had problems before the refurb with lots of downtime. The work they did to it didn't have nearly enough time to tweak because corporate wanted the ride open for summer to fill hotel rooms when demand was low already. Between the growing pains of the ride system updates and the mandated closure if one of the seven AAs stop working has lead to a LOT of downtime. Even the preview done for the voice cast ended up in downtime:

Of course if all the downtimes ended up with Jennifer Lewis leading a live singalong (partly because I know she'd start improvising), I'd be looking forward to a downtime, but most people just get disappointed.

You're not describing reality, you're describing the Internet's hyperbolized, zero-sum perception of it.
I’m half joking but also Disney is really doing at least to me a lot of hit or miss

I mean at Disneyland they couldn’t even have the HM Q ready in 8 months and I’ll point out for some reason Disneyland management didn’t close HM at its normal data but her it be open later now only to have to reopen one of its most popular attractions that’s a people eater with only virtual Q

i just personally think Disney management seems lost and behind the times in certain situations.

Problems with the upgrades to the ride system.
I originally assumed the downtimes had to do with all of the fancy new AAs and show scenes or new ride system bits but I’ve now heard from multiple people that there were zero updates to the ride system. Which means that

It had problems before the refurb with lots of downtime.
Is still a problem because

corporate wanted the ride open for summer to fill hotel rooms when demand was low already.
And putting in a new ride system would have taken longer.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
I’m half joking but also Disney is really doing at least to me a lot of hit or miss

I mean at Disneyland they couldn’t even have the HM Q ready in 8 months and I’ll point out for some reason Disneyland management didn’t close HM at its normal data but her it be open later now only to have to reopen one of its most popular attractions that’s a people eater with only virtual Q

i just personally think Disney management seems lost and behind the times in certain situations.
For HM, would you rather they not do the overlay and keep it closed? I get it is bad they aren't making the original timeline, but that happens at all theme parks, this isn't a Disney only issue. I mean DK in Japan, F&F coaster at USH, Top Thrill Cedar point, etc. And I get it is just a queue, but there could be SO many factors. I realized that when I was building a pool. So the plumber the company uses got the flu and was out the week he was to come to my house. So that backed up all jobs including mine a week, however, it was a HUGE trickle effect down the line. Because the rock guys were scheduled the week the plumber actually came and now they couldn't be there the next week as they were already booked. So then we had to wait on the rock people to be free for that step which then delayed the other people and messed their schedules up. So while the pool company had a schedule and a date for water, they couldn't meet that schedule at all because of one guy having the flu.

I do think they should have changed the ride system. My guess is it goes down in Jan/Feb for some work on the ride system.

Reactions: UNIrd and Jake S
So I got onto the ride with my brother getting me into a CM Preview today. I’m someone who has tried to engage as little as possible in watching clips of the ride and really have only heard reactions.

After experiencing it first hand, unfortunately it’s pretty mid for what it replaced. Essentially what I had heard and hoped wasn’t as bad as being talked about was true, but the ride was, imo, just very one note and mid. All party all the time. No clear narrative and also no tension along the way.

The animatronics and scenery are beautiful and on its own it’s a fine ride, especially for a water ride (compare it to ripsaw falls for example). But when you compare it to what it replaced… that’s where the disappointment comes in. Especially with expectations being raised in the months before opening.

I just think it's purty.

8092928.gif

WDWMagic found a permit for TBA that extends into the next year. This doesn't mean they have a year left of work to do, just that they need to work beyond the previous permit's expiration date of June 30th. This new permit would give them the latitude to work as long as they need to in the coming months, finishing any work they've yet to complete.

EDIT: I would just like to say that, yes, my previous trashing of WDWMagic is indeed ironic given how much I've been surfacing useful information found on their forums (though I suppose that's inevitable when your forum's topic of focus actually decides to do stuff again).

Reactions: Alicia and Mad Dog
Will be fascinating to see how soon they drop VQ from this and how much downtime it suffers.

Big Thunder Mountain closing soon for it's (year long?) refurbishment might unfortunately push this to remain VQ during the hotter months. The queue itself isn't very large and probably caps around an actual 45-60 minute wait w/ a decent lightning lane to stand-by ratio.

Will be fascinating to see how soon they drop VQ from this and how much downtime it suffers.

Big Thunder Mountain closing soon for it's (year long?) refurbishment might unfortunately push this to remain VQ during the hotter months. The queue itself isn't very large and probably caps around an actual 45-60 minute wait w/ a decent lightning lane to stand-by ratio.
They have the ride listed as Tier One for the new Lightening Lane system that takes effect at the end of July, so I would think that VQ won't be around very long after that.

Reactions: saint.piss