Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024) | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The exterior looks fantastic! I know "makeover" can be hit or miss but they did a great job of stepping away from appearing too much like Splash Mountain so it doesn't feel like it simple reskin.

My only thing with the animatronics is that the texture of the skin on all of these looks far too smooth. A bit too synthetic if you will. But other than that, they look outstanding.
Probably won't even notice that once it's in place with proper show lighting. I'm impressed with how smooth and fast they move, it looks very natural.

Can we get Imhotep to move that smoothly at Uni now?

The exterior looks fantastic! I know "makeover" can be hit or miss but they did a great job of stepping away from appearing too much like Splash Mountain so it doesn't feel like it simple reskin.

Probably won't even notice that once it's in place with proper show lighting. I'm impressed with how smooth and fast they move, it looks very natural.

Can we get Imhotep to move that smoothly at Uni now?

I was going to say, I'm not worried about the animatronic "skin." The newer animatronic figures tend to look really strong when placed and lit -- we're seeing them in very industrial flat lighting in these previews.

What I wouldn't give for an animatronic that looks this good at Universal.

Yeah, I'm still a tad unsure about the water tower. Part of me hopes the Evangeline and Ray stars light up, since if you're gonna' be cute, might as well go all the way.

But other than that, everything I can see so far looks really good! And to zero surprise whatsoever, that fence in front of the drop that some folks on twitter were hemming and hawing about is now fully themed as it was planned. Just like the two frogs are now painted, too.

Thankfully everyone forgot that the concept artist drew a full size boat on top of a part of the structure that isn’t load bearing.

I'm just curious, any chance they soft open this ride? My birthday is next week and it would be cool to ride it for my birthday

Reactions: UNIrd
I'm just curious, any chance they soft open this ride? My birthday is next week and it would be cool to ride it for my birthday

Of Disney's output as of late, how often have there truly been soft openings? Did we get them for Tron, Cosmic Rewind or Ratatouille? I only remember having to register for pass holder previews and them sticking to those dates pretty rigidly.

Virtual Queues killed soft openings IMO
Not sure, the parks have just relied on AP previews to fill that gap.

Since the "invention" of VQ, it's easily explainable why we haven't seen more traditional soft openings for new attractions.
  • Rise of the Resistance & Hagrid - plagued with tech issues, got it ready just enough to get it working for opening day
  • VelociCoaster - AP Previews
  • GOTG, Tron & Rat - both ready way ahead of their opening dates, more than enough time to test, had AP previews

Tiana's ride system and operations will be identical to Splash... so not much testing to do with the public outside of AP previews.

Not sure, the parks have just relied on AP previews to fill that gap.

Since the "invention" of VQ, it's easily explainable why we haven't seen more traditional soft openings for new attractions.
  • Rise of the Resistance & Hagrid - plagued with tech issues, got it ready just enough to get it working for opening day
  • VelociCoaster - AP Previews
  • GOTG, Tron & Rat - both ready way ahead of their opening dates, more than enough time to test, had AP previews

Tiana's ride system and operations will be identical to Splash... so not much testing to do with the public outside of AP previews.
I agree that AP previews have filled that gap, however I view it as the AP previews are just an extension of VQ. The reason there is not soft openings is because they don’t have a need/want to staff and maintain a 2-3 hour plus line when it will never be that long for official opening due to VQ and is not that long during previews due to the time slots you must sign up for.

Interesting that Universal still seems to do it for most of their new stuff as "Technical Rehearsals." Unless Disney doesn't want to soften the demand to sell Genie+ or Individual Lightning Lane once it has an official opening date...

Reactions: saint.piss