To package or not to package | Inside Universal Forums

To package or not to package

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 26, 2018
Indiana
Hubby and I are planning a trip to Universal in May. Our first trip there was about 12 years ago. We will be staying on property.

Is it better to book a package or to book the resort and buy the tickets separately?

Can’t hardly wait!!

Thanks for your opinions.

Hubby and I are planning a trip to Universal in May. Our first trip there was about 12 years ago. We will be staying on property.

Is it better to book a package or to book the resort and buy the tickets separately?

Can’t hardly wait!!

Thanks for your opinions.

Not much difference. The "advantage" to the package allows you to book transport to hotel as well as get regular dining plan- but both aren't good values.

I'd recommend booking hotel and getting tickets through undercover tourist. Universal Studios Florida Discount Tickets | Undercover Tourist

Shameless plug for my thread : http://forums.insideuniversal.net/t...-for-your-next-universal-trip-for-free.12905/
Just on the off-chance you have Chase points.

One of the major differences is the fees that you pay if you make any changes to your package. With room and tickets only, you can make changes and even cancel you room within 6 days of arriving.

Reactions: JoeCamel
There’s really no good reason to book a package if you are staying on site unless it is during the celebration of Harry Potter. If you want to stay offsite and still get early entry, booking a package is the only way to do it.