Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tokyo Disneyland Resort

That land is going to be fantastic.

When's the last time a stateside expansion resulted in four (!) additional C-or-better-ticket rides? I don't think it's ever happened here.

I’m just excited to finally be able to experience the lantern scene from Tangled in a ride. Also eat in the Snuggly Duckling. I wonder if they will serve alcohol. I can’t remember how alcohol was treated in DisneySea.

What’s the deal with the Alice in Wonderland expansion happening at TDL? I can’t come across any info on what it is or when it opens.

I mean this all looks great, excited to see if the Frozen ride is a better version, one we might want over at Disneyland

TDL is completely rebuilding their Space Mountain and it looks beautiful!
space-mountain-concept-art-tokyo-disneyland.jpg

It gives me a lot of Shanghai Tomorrowland vibes with the multi-level, the blues and the giant courtyard in front of the attraction, but does a good job of combining a sleek new look that is fitting of Space Mountain with great modern architectural design.

Here's the TRON plaza I was referencing. There's clearly some things this that inspired the new TDL Space area, but they passed on TRON to update the classic attraction and give it a new sleek look that is timeless whereas TRON's aesthetic I feel is already starting to become a bit dated.
tron-exterior-shdl-03272018-TWITTER-3.jpg

TDL is completely rebuilding their Space Mountain and it looks beautiful!
space-mountain-concept-art-tokyo-disneyland.jpg

It gives me a lot of Shanghai Tomorrowland vibes with the multi-level, the blues and the giant courtyard in front of the attraction, but does a good job of combining a sleek new look that is fitting of Space Mountain with great modern architectural design.

Here's the TRON plaza I was referencing. There's clearly some things from things from this that inspired the new TDL Space, but they passed on TRON to update the classic attraction and give it a new sleek look that is timeless whereas TRON's aesthetic I feel is already starting to become a bit dated.
tron-exterior-shdl-03272018-TWITTER-3.jpg
Wow! I would love that, but US Disney fans would probably burn down the Magic Kingdom

Wow! I would love that, but US Disney fans would probably burn down the Magic Kingdom
"Disney doesn't respect their history!" is what they would scream as Disney has actively been letting MK's Space Mountain crumble for decades.

I forgot to mention that the current Space Mountain will close in 2024 with a planned opening of the new SM in 2027. So this is a ways out still.

There's always a danger that you're messing with perfection (I think the traditional Space Mountain exterior is still wonderful and striking), but that's a beautiful update.

Surprised that OLC went for it, as they're notoriously resistant to tinkering with the classics.

Splash Mountain is getting a retheme and Pirates changed many times through out the years even when fans got upset......so I'd say if Disneyland Tomorrowland wants to finally update...I hope we get something like this

Splash Mountain is getting a retheme and Pirates changed many times through out the years even when fans got upset......so I'd say if Disneyland Tomorrowland wants to finally update...I hope we get something like this
Both Space Mountains need it badly

It would be the equivalent of Universal holding on to an arrow looper or something

There are just so many better options available

Both Space Mountains need it badly

It would be the equivalent of Universal holding on to an arrow looper or something

There are just so many better options available
I hope they get them...I mean both Lands also need to be redone from the ground up...so hope that happens for both parks soon

Give us a new updated Buzz ride, new Space and make the land look better

I really like the alien nature of this design. It definitely feels like someone somewhere has an understanding of a manageable esthetic for TL. It boils down to if management agrees/decides it’s finally a priority.