Tokyo DisneySea and Tokyo Disneyland Trip | Inside Universal Forums

Tokyo DisneySea and Tokyo Disneyland Trip

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 8, 2010
Portland, OR
Hello all!

Earlier in June I spent two weeks in japan and three days at Tokyo Disneyland Resort. I stayed at both the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel (Beauty and the Beast Room) and Hotel MiraCosta (Venice Terrace room). I thought I would share my photos and answer any questions anyone may have about the resort. Tokyo DisneySea was the best Theme Park I have ever experienced and I wish I was still there! Enjoy the photos!

Tokyo Disneyland by jlnorris1025 | Photobucket

Excellent photos. Thanks for sharing...Disney Sea is a great example of the fantastic work the Disney Imagineers are capable of when encouraged by a forward thinking management, the OLC.

Those pictures were amazing. Can you talk about the difference between visiting American parks verses visiting in Japan? Is it mostly the same? Is there a big difference?

Those pictures were amazing. Can you talk about the difference between visiting American parks verses visiting in Japan? Is it mostly the same? Is there a big difference?

Its mostly the same other than the fact that the Japanese know exactly how to work the theme park system. Fast Pass was used effectively by all and they start lining up at the gate an hour before opening even in the rain. They run to the most popular attractions and the the really popular fast passes are gone by 10am. I went during a "slower" time as well. The parks also had GREAT crowd control because it never really felt crowded. The Japanese also love to sit down and wait for long periods of time for parades. The food was also much better and more affordable. Also the park felt just as crowded in the morning as it did at night. There was not a lot of leaving the park early. You also cannot park hop unless you buy a three day ticket and then you can only park hop that third day. Since we stayed on property we got a special magic passport that allowed us to park hop each day. The one odd thing that was frustrating was that almost all the mobile kiosks were cash only, so if you want popcorn you need paper or coin yen.

Its mostly the same other than the fact that the Japanese know exactly how to work the theme park system. Fast Pass was used effectively by all and they start lining up at the gate an hour before opening even in the rain. They run to the most popular attractions and the the really popular fast passes are gone by 10am. I went during a "slower" time as well. The parks also had GREAT crowd control because it never really felt crowded. The Japanese also love to sit down and wait for long periods of time for parades. The food was also much better and more affordable. Also the park felt just as crowded in the morning as it did at night. There was not a lot of leaving the park early. You also cannot park hop unless you buy a three day ticket and then you can only park hop that third day. Since we stayed on property we got a special magic passport that allowed us to park hop each day. The one odd thing that was frustrating was that almost all the mobile kiosks were cash only, so if you want popcorn you need paper or coin yen.

As someone who's been to TDR 3 times now, this is basically spot-on.

The parks are super clean, well organized and nearly all of the attractions are as good or better than their U.S. counterparts, with many unique experiences as well. As someone who's only been to Anaheim once back in 2005, it's also nice to be able to ride a lot of the similar attractions to Anaheim that WDW doesn't have.

Oh, and DisneySea is the best theme park in the world and I would live in the park if I could :p

Reactions: martymcflyy85