Top 10 Disney Animatronic Malfunctions | Disney Ride Fails | Inside Universal Forums

Top 10 Disney Animatronic Malfunctions | Disney Ride Fails

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sledge

Platinum Member
Jun 20, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
I usually don't post stuff like this, but I stumbled upon this today and thought it was pretty good.

Some of them are interesting (Mr. Potato Head's ear-fail, if you've never seen it), but stick with it until #1 - #3.

I usually don't post stuff like this, but I stumbled upon this today and thought it was pretty good.

Some of them are interesting (Mr. Potato Head's ear-fail, if you've never seen it), but stick with it until #1 - #3.

Ha!

I've seen better Olaf malfunctions on Twitter than the one he used though.

Also, never forget ours:

When I worked at Disney waaaay back, the Lincoln animatronic in HoP lost hydraulic pressure and slowly tipped forward until it was nearly in half. Since it was designed to stop if Lincoln fell backwards (there apparently is a sensor in the chair if it gets hit or broken) the show did not auto E-stop However the face was controlled by air pressure and kept moving and talking. It was quite bizarre. The cast member came in and literally screamed and then (I assume) hit the E-stop and the show abruptly ended. (Not a malfunction but there was a notorious time they put Mickey Mouse ears on Nixon...)

Reactions: Sledge
When I worked at Disney waaaay back, the Lincoln animatronic in HoP lost hydraulic pressure and slowly tipped forward until it was nearly in half. Since it was designed to stop if Lincoln fell backwards (there apparently is a sensor in the chair if it gets hit or broken) the show did not auto E-stop However the face was controlled by air pressure and kept moving and talking. It was quite bizarre. The cast member came in and literally screamed and then (I assume) hit the E-stop and the show abruptly ended. (Not a malfunction but there was a notorious time they put Mickey Mouse ears on Nixon...)

Here is a similar thing happening:

Are there pictures somewhere of the Mouse Ears on Nixon?

Reactions: Andysol

I think there's an infamous story about the first time Lincoln was shown where it malfunctioned but since it was back in the day they used hydraulics and the fluid was red. The red liquid starting spraying out the head of the AA, which it got a great response as the audience thought it was shown the assassination in great realistic detail.

Reactions: MrRoamer
My favorite AA malfunction story is the original Lincoln AA in Disneyland

"During a preview show for Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, the AA had a malfunction where red hydraulic fluid came out and the guests thought they were re-creating the assassination. Yikes! (They no longer use red hydraulic fluid for this reason)"- WordPress.com

Reactions: MrRoamer
Here is a similar thing happening:

Are there pictures somewhere of the Mouse Ears on Nixon?

None that I've ever found (that failure was how it was supposed to fail unlike the one I saw). During the 70s when I worked there when the power would blink during thunderstorms (frequently back then) everyone would scrambled to E-stop the AAs. Apparently they would go berserk and would literally destroy themselves as the systems attempted to reset. My first experience with that was right after I started at the raceway, during a break underneath the then Flight to the Moon (literally underneath - the break area was right below the theater). The power flickered, all the girls yelled "Glitch!" and ran out. (There are tons of funny stories about AA breakdowns. My favorite is Mr Morrow apparently leaking from his neck. For some reason the fluid is dyed red .. so you can imagine how THAT looked. Red fluid squirting out of his neck... and the girl working at least had the presence of mind to say ... "Oh, Mr Morrow isn't feeling well today...")

Reactions: Sledge
Since the Hall of Presidents thread is closed figured this could go here for the time being. Demo from the company creating the new Lincoln AA.