Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Top 10 Stories of 2021 from Universal Studios Hollywood

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
It's back! We take a look at the Top 10 Stories from the past year at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Really has been a great year for the park, didn't realize how much really happened this year until I read the story, loved it! Even without Covid difficulties I'd say this would have been an amazing year, really looking forward to the future. Thought I'd make my own list:
1. Universal Studios Hollywood Re-opens (Don't think I need to explain, great to be back)
2. Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash Opens (Current favorite ride at the park, such a great addition and shows a bright future for rides to come)
3. Jurassic World: The Ride’s New Scenes and Finale (Took the ride update from meh to incredible, absolutely love it)
4. Changes in Leadership (Will be interesting to see how it plays out, good sign for creative future at Universal imo)
5. A Taste of Universal (Was first signs of return to in-person, pretty exciting)
6. Halloween Horror Nights returns! (I feel like this is a bit more of a given with #1, still though had a great time and happy it could return despite the challenges)
7. Super Nintendo World Construction Resumes (This is gonna help the park a lot, a great addition. Thought it beat out the new food options even though it's not finished as the hype is starting to build)
8. New backlot work/soundstages (I felt this deserved a mention, as to my understanding it hints towards future theme park expansion)
9. Minion Café Opens (Never went to the old cafe, but I like the vibes of it)
10. NBC Sports Grill & Brew opens at CityWalk (Not too interested personally but I suppose it's pretty notable)

If I'd have to crack down on a set 5:

1: USH Reopening = Duh.
2: Barham Gate = I'd actually argue this is even bigger than Pets, JW, or Horror Nights. Because these eight new soundstages will allow for USH to expand their foothold eastward, leaving the soundstages over in the Front Lot/Lower Lot, to be for future park expansion. This is probably tied with the Creative Campus as the biggest project for USH right now.
3: Pets reopens! = Pets is a fun looking ride that has been a long time coming for USH. I just wish it was marketed better, and the seating wouldn't be as restrictive.
4: Jurassic World = A stellar update that makes a really good ride, into a great attraction that fixes all of my major issues.
5: Horror Nights = Despite some odds, Horror Nights happened. And honestly, hat's off.