Top 10 Theme Parks by Trip Advisor | Inside Universal Forums

Top 10 Theme Parks by Trip Advisor

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 27, 2014
Hulk's Queue
Trip Advisor recently released a report of the top 10 best theme parks in the world based on "millions of user reviews, award winners were chosen based on quantity and quality of comments available for any given location collected over a 12-month period." Here's the link: Universal’s Islands of Adventure is world's best theme park, according to TripAdvisor | Fox News
  1. Islands of Adventure
  2. Discovery Cove
  3. Magic Kingdom
  4. Universal Studios Hollywood
  5. Disney's Hollywood Studios
  6. Universal Studios Florida
  7. Disneyland
  8. Animal Kingdom
  9. Cedar Point
  10. SeaWorld Orlando
What do you think of this list?

I find trip advisor to be questionable at best. The fact that DHS made 5 over Disneyland says it all. IOA is close to my heart, but as far as universal popularity and quality, it isn't logical that it beats Disneyland or the MK.

My verdict: Silly Junk O the Internet

Agree with Teebin. Also, how does smallish with little theme Universal Hollywood beat Universal Studio's Orlando (with Diagon). The only thing they have going for them is the Studio Tour, at this point in time. And then there's DHS' placement. Makes no sense. And a top ten list without Disney Sea is a fraud.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
"Quality and quantity over a 12 month period".

These are the most visited locations with the highest ratings. That's it.

I personally don't agree with the list, mainly because I think the user generated list are total bull. The sample size is self selecting, limited to those with enough skill, time, and money to go online to review these things. I always take a good ole fashioned curated list (even one with a few inputs) anytime.

There's no way Disneyland should be that low on that list. But maybe it does speak to the kind of reviews it gets on TripAdvisor? Casual guests, who are more likely to write these reviews, might not be a match for their ultra-savvy pass holders and could find themselves experiencing long waits at the rides, and nightmarish crowds, especially at night.

USH, meanwhile, might stand on its own as a good park when not being compared to Disney or to even our Universal parks, for those visiting Los Angeles and looking for the movie studio experience.

Cedar Point is not like the others on that list. I'm hoping my kids get old enough to go there before I'm to old to go back there. LOL. Close, a couple more years if that.

I wish Action Park in NJ was still around but the way I saw that place is lost to history. Seemed to be run by teenagers and later on I found out that was pretty much the case.

it's the world's best but all 10 are in the U.S.? riiiight.

Tokyo DisneySea is right at the top of best theme parks and it isn't even ranked....so basically, useless list.

it's the world's best but all 10 are in the U.S.? riiiight.

Tokyo DisneySea is right at the top of best theme parks and it isn't even ranked....so basically, useless list.

How many people travel that far from the US to go to a theme park??? If in Japan I have many other things to see so not a useles list but US centric.

Self selecting bias, pure and simple. English site with USA bend, you'll get more USA parks. That's why Unofficial Guide randomly samples people in the parks.

These are the most visited locations with the highest ratings. That's it.

It's not even most visited. The UK list has my small local park as number 3. Chessington, Thorpe Park and Legoland don't even make UK top 10. Go figure!

1. Islands of Adventure Too high
  2. Discovery Cove Shouldn't be on the list
  3. Magic Kingdom About right, maybe a little high
  4. Universal Studios Hollywood Too high
  5. Disney's Hollywood Studios Shouldn't be on the list
  6. Universal Studios Florida Too Low
  7. Disneyland Too low
  8. Animal Kingdom Eh
  9. Cedar Point About right
  10. SeaWorld Orlando Shouldn't be on the list

Though since this list is based on user votes, it makes sense DHS is on here.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
^But the parks are ranked by User Reviews, so those parks must be doing something right.

I wish Action Park in NJ was still around but the way I saw that place is lost to history. Seemed to be run by teenagers and later on I found out that was pretty much the case.

Just had to comment that Action Park is back in business. Also, sometime these smaller parks are more fun but will never make lists like this.

^But the parks are ranked by User Reviews, so those parks must be doing something right.

Not necessarily. :lol:

All it could take is for someone to get upset is that Disney didn't refund them for a rainy day at the park and they'll start handing out 1 stars.

While I love USO and IOA, MK is by far the best theme part. More rides, more shows, move diverse experiences and its the one park that is virtually impossible to do everything in one day. I will say IOA and USO are getting harder to everything in one day as well. I would rank IOA second and USO third (now that Potter is there). DHS, EPCOT and Animal Kingdom are just riding the coat tales of MK.

Have to admit I have not been to Discovery Cove, but have to make that a side trip soon.

While I love USO and IOA, MK is by far the best theme part. More rides, more shows, move diverse experiences and its the one park that is virtually impossible to do everything in one day. I will say IOA and USO are getting harder to everything in one day as well. I would rank IOA second and USO third (now that Potter is there). DHS, EPCOT and Animal Kingdom are just riding the coat tales of MK.

Have to admit I have not been to Discovery Cove, but have to make that a side trip soon.

In Orlando, I take it? If so, I'd rank MK second at best, and maybe third. Yes, it has more to do than everything else, but it also can be a downright miserable experience depending on the crowd you're there with.

My worldwide top 10:

1) Tokyo DisneySea
2)Tokyo Disneyland
3)Disneyland
4)Universal Studios Florida
5/6)Islands of Adventure
6/5)Magic Kingdom
7)Disney's California Adventure
8)Disney's Animal Kingdom
9)Disneyland Paris
10)Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Not necessarily. :lol:

All it could take is for someone to get upset is that Disney didn't refund them for a rainy day at the park and they'll start handing out 1 stars.

Well, then they have lower guest satisfaction and reviews would take that into consideration.