Tour Guide at the Parks? | Inside Universal Forums

Tour Guide at the Parks?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 12, 2009
Orlando
I'm not 100% sure this is where I should post this, but I'm looking for some help/guidance.

I've been thinking about applying/auditioning for a job/role at one of the Orlando parks (Uni, Disney, Seaworld) early-mid next year (so I'm kinda planning ahead). I would say I am mostly interested in being a tour guide (like VIP/group tours), but I also have interest in other more literal "show" roles (i.e. Jungle Cruise Skipper, Disaster! tour guide)...I guess just something that is part of the entertainment, but still has guest interaction would be up my alley.

So I was wondering if any of you were familiar with the hiring process for these type of positions at any of the parks? Like when are auditions typically? Do they usually look internally for these types of positions? Is there usually a "type" they try to hire? Other questions I should ask?

My preliminary google/job posting searches didn't exactly offer much in terms of help. (I did, however, find out a TON about the USH Tram tour audition process)
Any help is greatly appreciated, and If I need to clarify anything feel free to ask. (Also feel free to PM if you feel that would be best).

Thanks!