What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Toy Story 4

May 6, 2016
Not sure if this already has a thread but

Woody has always been confident about his place in the world and that his priority is taking care of his kid, whether that’s Andy or Bonnie. But when Bonnie adds a reluctant new toy called “Forky” to her room, a road trip adventure alongside old and new friends will show Woody how big the world can be for a toy. Directed by Josh Cooley (“Riley’s First Date?”) and produced by Jonas Rivera (“Inside Out,” “Up”) and Mark Nielsen (associate producer “Inside Out”), Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story 4” ventures to U.S. theaters on June 21, 2019.

Last edited by a moderator:
They had to ruin Toy Story?! I knew this was going to happen, because 3 was the perfect conclusion. And that trailer thumbnail looks like a joke or a fake parody trailer produced by a fan.

Okay, as disinterested as I am in this, I like the idea of all the manufactured toys having to interact with a toy a child creates. It's something kids do all the time, but not something the films have touched on before. There's a lot of ways it can go.

FWIW, both Tim Allen and Tom Hanks have praised the end of the movie, the former of whom said he couldn’t finish without tearing up.

Edited to add: In all fairness, it is just a teaser plot and trailer. I'm sure the final movie will be a bit more sophisticated and interesting (at least I hope).

Last edited:
Disney will continue to milk this franchise to the ground. Especially if people keep showing up for it. Which they will.

They will continue to use Woody and the gang as long as Hanks and Allen agree to keep making these movies. Once they don't, they will reboot it with "new" toys.

I can't imagine the pay day they receive to make these movies.

They will continue to use Woody and the gang as long as Hanks and Allen agree to keep making these movies. Once they don't, they will reboot it with "new" toys.

I can't imagine the pay day they receive to make these movies.
I imagine it pays Allen better than being a prison snitch did.

I don't think you can really use that excuse with Pixar.

But yes, it is just a teaser.

I feel 3 should've been the end, but I'm open to being proven wrong.
Pixar generally has pretty terrible teasers. In fact, I would say there's a correlation for Pixar: the worse the teaser, the better the movie.